Due to positive & transformative changes, we now have an exciting and unique opportunity for the right person to work within Three Harbours and Bosvena Health (PCN) as a Primary Mental Health Practitioner.
You will be working alongside an established team of mental health colleagues based within the PCN, along with traditional community mental health teams and community organisations you will work primarily with General Practice and primary mental health workers in the GP hub.
Three Harbours and Bosvena Health Primary Care Network (PCN) represents approximately 43,495 patients and encompasses 4 friendly GP practices in North Cornwall. These 4 practices are Carnewater and Stillmoor House Surgery's, Fowey River Practice and Middleway Practice. The PCN vision focuses on expanding its multidisciplinary team for the benefit of the patients.Main duties of the job
The post holder will be based and embedded within a Primary Care Network (PCN) working with GPs, practice nurses and other Additional Roles Reimbursement Scheme (ARRS) workers e.g., social prescribers, health and wellbeing coaches, care co-ordinators, as part of the primary care Multidisciplinary Team (MDT).
They will work with primary care GPs to manage the mental health needs of their population at the pointof contact. This includes those with lower-level support requirements that can be met within primary care, working with the Primary Care.
The role will act as interface between primary care and wider mental health services: -
- To provide rapid and responsive assessment, signposting and brief treatment to individuals referred to the service by several routes including self-referrals and General Practitioners.
- To provide support to Primary Care staff in the local management of patients with common mental health problems.
- To ensure that people are quickly and efficiently supported to access the most appropriate treatment for their mental health difficulty
We're an NHS community and mental health provider Trust based in Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly. We deliver community and hospital-based care to improve people's physical and mental health. We also provide specialist support to people with dementia or a learning disability.
We are a people organisation and people matter to us. As part of the team, you'll help support the health and wellbeing of the people who live and visit this beautiful part of the UK.
Over 4,000 people make up the Trust. This includes doctors, nurses, therapists, plus admin and support staff.
We work in people's homes, in community clinics and bases. Some staff work from one of our 13 community hospitals. Our aspiration is to have great people, provide great care, be a great place to work and a great partner.
Approximately 568,000 people live here. A third of people who live in Cornwall are supported by acute hospital services in Devon. As a result, we also work closely with our partners in Devon. In the summer, and during other holidays lots of people choose to visit the area. This increases the numbers of people who use our services.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
To view a detailed job description and person specification including the main responsibilities of this role please see supporting documents.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Relevant professional qualification e.g. Dip OT, Dip SW, RMN, Clinical Psychology Grade A, or equivalent
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Experience of working in a mental health care setting and of liaising and working with GPs
- Suitably trained and experienced in the delivery of short term, focussed evidence-based interventions
- Experience of working with service users who experience a wide range of mental health problems in a statuary or voluntary capacity
- Experience and an awareness of common acute and long-term conditions that are likely to be seen in general practice
Cornwall Partnership NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Three Harbours and Bosvena Health
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.