Clinical Specialist Physiotherapist - Acute Medicine This a Fixed Term Position for 12 Months If you are an SB Health Board employee this post will only be offered on a secondment basis and you will need to have gained your line managers approval for the secondment prior to going to interview.
Are you looking for a new and exciting challenge in acute medicine and frailty? SBU's Medical Physiotherapy team are looking for a passionate clinician with acute sector clinical experience to provide high level assessment, treatment and discharge planning skills, to work in our Older Persons Assessment Service team. New and aspirational physiotherapy leaders are welcomed to apply to our supportive team.Main duties of the job
The post holder will join a well-established team of compassionate clinicians, to provide leadership, assessment and treatment for a wide-range of patients . The post holder will also work closely with hospital and community MDT's to facilitate timely and effective patient flow.
Our team believes that gold standard patient care begins with a positive working environment that promotes continuous learning, service development and individual empowerment. We hold a weekly in-service training programme and encourage initiatives for service development. We promote and value regular supervision and mentoring sessions, across all grades of staff.About us
We believe staff are our best asset and we want you to be happy and confident about starting your career here in Swansea Bay University Health Board.
As one of the biggest healthcare groups in the UK we can offer a wealth of professional training and development opportunities in an innovative, forward-thinking organisation.
You might be a nurse or doctor, maybe you specialise in a health science/therapy or can offer skills in one of our support services - we have a job for you.
There are also apprenticeships, work placements and volunteering roles available.
We are an inclusive employer and welcome applications from everyone whatever their sex religion or belief race age sexual orientation gender identity or, whether they are pregnant or have recently been on maternity leave, married or are in a civil partnership or, whether they are disabled.
Our values - Caring For Each Other, Working Together and Always Improving, show that our commitment to equality is at the heart of everything we do.
If you want excellent career and training opportunities while living on the doorstep of some of Europe's most spectacular scenery, with all the benefits of a thriving and cosmopolitan city - look no further.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
The ability to speak Welsh is desirable for this post Welsh and/or English speakers are equally welcome to apply.
You will be able to find a full Job description and Person Specification attached within the supporting documents or please click Apply now to view in Trac.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Degree in Physiotherapy (or other relevant qualification)
- Professional Registration with HCPC
- Evidence of post-graduate masters level education or evidence of equivalent clinical experience.
Knowledge & ExperienceEssential
- Membership of the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy (CSP)
- Membership of a clinical or professional network
- Substantial experience of working as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Supervision experience of students, physiotherapy assistants and junior staff.
- Experience in working in areas that are linked to patient flow.
- NHS experience
- Experience working with acute medical patient cohort
- Experience of leading a team.
- Be able to work in various critical care and respiratory areas
- Working in the community setting.
- Evidence of comprehensive and advanced continuing professional development (CPD), maintained in a portfolio. Including attendance at recent highly specialised post graduate courses relevant to the clinical field/speciality.
- Involvement in audit, research and understanding quality issues.
- Service development experience
Desirable Employer detailsEmployer name
- Ability to organise, prioritise and delegate.
- Professional maturity and ability to network and form professional relationships with other healthcare/multi agency professionals.
- Understanding of clinical governance and its implications for the service, including experience of quality issues and audit.
- Ability to cope working in a stressful environment and with emotional and aggressive patients and carers.
Swansea Bay University Health BoardAddress
Heol Maes Eglwys
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.