An exciting opportunity has risen for a Specialty Doctor to join the fantastic Older Persons Mental Health Team for the Rhondda Locality of Cwm Taf Morgannwg University Health Board. This would involve working with the team base at Ysbyty George Thomas, Treorchy and Dewi Sant Health Park.
The post holder will be operationally based in the CMHT.
The post holder will be expected to work at other CTMUHB sites and elsewhere in the community, including patients' homes from time to time.Main duties of the job
- To undertake all work in accordance with the Health Board's procedures and operating policies.
- To conduct clinical practice in accordance with contractual requirements and within the parameters of the Health Board's service plans.
- To lead and use team building skills as well as working as part of a multidisciplinary team.
- The delivery of care in the community alongside primary health care and social care teams.
- To engage in annual Appraisal and Job Planning feeding into Revalidation.
- To undertake regular multidisciplinary clinical audit.
Full Details in attached Job descriptionAbout us
Cwm Taf Morgannwg University Health Board is part of the NHS Wales family. Our Health Board provides primary, secondary and community health and wellbeing services to around 450,000 people living in three County Boroughs: Bridgend Merthyr Tydfil, and Rhondda Cynon Taf.
We live by our core values:
- We listen, learn and improve
- We treat everyone with respect
- We all work together as one team
We are a proud local employer around 80% of our 15000 workforce live within our region, making our staff not only our lifeblood of our organisation but of the diverse communities that we serve.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- To undertake a Teaching and Training Role for Medical undergraduates and postgraduates.
- To provide a supervisory role to Junior Medical Staff where appropriate.
- To undertake regular multidisciplinary clinical audit and provide evidence based medicine.
- To provide effective leadership to all staff engaged in the specialty.
- To participate, sustain and develop teaching and research wherever appropriate.
- To develop experience and knowledge, so contributing to the service.
- To support and train multidisciplinary teams
- oFull GMC Registration
- M.B.B.S. or equivalent
- oAdditional relevant postgraduate qualification.
- oS.12(2) approval
- o Welsh Approved Clinician approval
- oComprehensive training and experience in psychiatry.
- oThree years experience at CT level in adult psychiatry.
- oFamiliarity with UK hospital systems and practice.
- oExperience of acting as s12(2) doctor or Responsible Clinician
- oAble to undertake duties to Specialty Doctor level
- oCompetence in current assessment and treatment.
- oCompetence in risk assessment and management.
Audit and ResearchEssential
- oComputing skills.
- oUnderstanding of relevant clinical, legal and policy issues.
- oUnderstanding of clinical risk management and clinical governance.
- oEvidence of audit with significant impact on practice.
- oEvidence of original and relevant research in speciality.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- oEvidence of having delivered postgraduate teaching
- oEvidence of having delivered multi-disciplinary teaching.
Cwm Taf Morgannwg University Health BoardAddress
Ysbyty George Thomas Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.