We are recruiting for a Emergency Department Matronwho shares our vision to be trusted to provide consistently outstanding care and exemplary service to our patients.
The post holder has day to day professional and managerial responsibility for the wards/departments within Urgent and Emergency Care (UEC), supporting and providing assurance to the UEC Leadership Team and the Divisional Management Team on the delivery of safe, high quality and cost-effective care, whilst also maintaining compliance with emergency professional standards.
The Emergency Department Matron will provide expert professional leadership, informed, objective and pragmatic nursing advice to the ward team and the Divisional senior team, ensuring there are robust systems and monitoring in place to support all matters relating to patient care and experience.
The post holder will be a good role model and have operational experience at a senior nursing level within a busy acute hospital setting. They will hold the ability to lead a team through challenging situations. They will also deputise for the Deputy Director of Nursing as required.
Our Values are I
espect and I
mprove. It is important that you understand and refer to our values during your recruitment process and beyond!Main duties of the job
The Emergency Department Matron will be responsible for the delivery, monitoring and recording of care episodes in line with national and local clinical quality standards for their speciality area, demonstrating compliance and assurance as required by specialist commissioning.
They will be responsible for supporting the management of flow and capacity across ED supporting the department / trust.
The successful candidate will ensure the continued delivery of their clinical areas workforce strategy which enables the continued growth of the service through effective recruitment, development and deployment of the right skill mix of nursing staff appropriate to service requirements.About us
At East and North Hertfordshire NHS Trust, we are proud of the range of general & specialist services we provide & our 6,000 or so dedicated staff ensure our patients get the best care. Our ability to be flexible & innovative in the way in which we work and deliver our services to our catchment has never been more important than it is now.
We run the following hospitals:
- The Lister Hospital, Stevenage
- New Queen Elizabeth II (New QEII), Welwyn Garden City
- Hertford County, Hertford
- Mount Vernon Cancer Centre (MVCC), Northwood
We have ambitious plans to become an outstanding, patient-led Trust where dedicated staff provide high-quality, compassionate care to our patients. We continue to undergo significant transformation our staff & patients are at the heart of delivering this ambitious agenda.
We understand that finding and starting a new job is an important life decision. If you need reasonable adjustments for a disability, or a life event, such as menopause - so that we can consider your application fairly & to get the best out of you during the selection process, please let us know.
We are committed to a positive work life balance for our employees. Employees are entitled to seek to work flexible working patterns & we are committed to listen and consider all requests. Such requests, of course, have to be made & considered formally, & will need to be balanced against service needs, but our starting point will always be to find ways to support making them happen.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please see the attached Job Description and Person Specification applicant pack for further detailed information regarding this role.Person SpecificationQualifications/TrainingEssential
Desirable Previous ExperienceEssential
- Registered Nurse
- Post Graduate level achievement or equivalent experience
- Management qualification or equivalent experience
- Has continued own professional development
- Up to date Advanced Trauma Life Support accreditation
- Substantial NHS experience in an acute environment.
- Demonstrable achievements in improving patient care, compliance with key performance indicators, being forward thinking and supporting design and successful delivery of quality improvement initiatives/projects
- Demonstrable experience of effective financial management
- Leading development and implementation and evaluation
- Working effectively across professional boundaries
- Line management experience of groups of staffing
- Implementing change in a complex environment
- Experience of a leadership nursing role in a busy emergency department
- Able to communicate and work effectively and co -operatively with a wide range of people of different backgrounds and viewpoints
- Able to build professional and personal credibility to gain support, express ideas persuasively within a range of settings and environments
- Able to express ideas clearly and succinctly in speech or writing
- Able to demonstrate leadership in others across the Trust and in complex organisational circumstances
- Able to grasp quality issues nationally and locally and achieve implementation of solutions to such issues
- Able to interpret data to inform change and improvement strategies
- Demonstrate compassionate leadership
- Have an in -depth understanding of nursing policy and its implications for the workforce and future health care delivery
- Understanding of national policy and future impact on acute organisations
- Have a good awareness of equality and diversity across a wide range of individuals and groups
- Understand workforce planning issues facing nursing and the wider Trust and health economy
- Have a thorough understanding of the NHS improvement and performance management agenda
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Demonstrable evidence of ability to manage physical and emotional wellbeing of self and others
East and North Herts NHS TrustAddress
Lister Hospital, Emergency Department
Coreys Mill Lane
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.