Base: Conquest Hospital (cross site working) up to 12 month secondment/fixed term contract
An exciting and challenging opportunity has arisen for a full time Band 7 Specialist Nurse to join our team. We are looking for an enthusiastic, committed Registered Nurse with recent experience of supporting people with long term conditions. You need to have good communication skills, be flexible and organised in your approach and have the ability to prioritise workloads efficiently: Evidence of working effectively as an individual and as a member of a Multidisciplinary team is essential.
The successful candidate will be based at the Conquest Hospital but will be required to work across all the sites within East Sussex Healthcare NHS Trust, as necessary.Main duties of the job
The post involves reviewing patients working in Out Patient Clinics, acute ward support and providing telephone advice. The post holder will also be expected to provide education and support to other members of the Multidisciplinary team. Within this role you will be one of a team who are committed to improving the patient pathway to promote and deliver high standards of patient care, outcomes, experience, safety and quality
Whilst autonomous practitioners, the Specialist Nurses have a great amount of support from the clinicians in the acute trust and lots of opportunities for collaborative working in order to develop services for supporting people with MS in the region
In return, you will be given the opportunity to develop your experience within health care support in your own professional development as a Specialist Nurse and most importantly, receive a tremendous amount of satisfaction in having a varied role within an exciting service.
Applicants must have suitable post-registration experience, with appropriate neurology related speciality. A specialist qualification is desirable however, consideration will be given to applicants who have the relevant breadth of experience within the speciality. Consideration will also be given to candidates with no Neurology experience, however they would be recruited as a development opportunity at a Band 6, until competencies in the Specialty completed, when they could progress to Band 7.About us
A wide range of staff benefits are available to our staff including staff development, enrolment in the NHS pension scheme, auto-enrolment to our Temporary Workforce Service, access to nurseries at EDGH and Conquest, staff restaurants and on-site staff accommodation.
In addition to an internal Occupational Health department, all staff also have access to free psychological support through our confidential Employee Assistance Programme which is available to staff 24 hours a day 7 days a week. Onsite parking is available from only �30 a year.
There has never been a better time to join East Sussex Healthcare NHS Trust, submit your application today.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please refer to the job description attached.
If you have any questions about this position please do not hesitate to contact us.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Qualified Nurse, registered with Nursing and Midwifery Council Diploma/Degree in nursing/specialist practice
- Training /leadership or mentorship qualification eg ENB 998 CG 730 or D32/33
- Post-qualification training / courses relevant to MS nursing
- Evidence of CPD / proven clinical experience to masters equivalent level
- Significant recent post registration experience, with proven experience at senior level in a relevant post.
- Recent clinical experience of providing care to patients with Multiple Sclerosis.
- Enhanced clinical skills in specialist area
- Experience at senior level in other specialities such as neurology and care of older people.
- Experience in leading a team
- Experience of giving supervision and support to a variety of students.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Excellent knowledge of clinical issues relating to MS
- Good knowledge of neurology and rehabilitation
- Leadership skills Critical appraisal & feedback skills
- Research and audit skills
- Presentation skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Able to work collaboratively within a multi-disciplinary team
- Able to make informed judgements under pressure
- Keyboard skills for record keeping, presentation etc
- Ability to work with emotional or aggressive patients and carers
East Sussex Healthcare NHS TrustAddress
Conquest Hospital (cross site working)
St Leonards on Sea
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.