North Yorkshire and York Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services are seeking to recruit a CAMHS Nurse/Clinician to work in Northallerton. This post requires the candidate to have a professional registration Child, mental health or Learning disability nurse, social worker or occupational therapist.
We are looking to recruit an enthusiastic, well-motivated, forward-thinking clinician to work as part of our team - working with young people with mental health problems living in Northallerton and Richmond area.Main duties of the job
The team is multi-disciplinary and provides specialist assessments, treatment and interventions for young people suffering from moderate to severe complex emotional, behavioural and psychological issues resulting in mental health problems.
Ideally the candidate will the successful applicant will ideally already be trained in a governed evidence based therapy such as CBT, DBT, or FT, or be trained as a Non Medical Prescriber (NMP), or be trained and experienced in assessing and treating common Neurodevelopmental conditions such as ADHD. Experience of working clinically with children and young people with Mental Health and Neurodevelopmental needs is essential.
However the team is currently in a position to be able to help staff develop the knowledge and experience within CAMHS and offer additional training appropriate to role.
If you enjoy working within a team who is passionate about children and young people's mental health, enjoy a challenge and have a flexible approach, then we would like to hear from you. You will work as part of a team but will need to be confident in your own clinical decision making skills. You will work with a range of professionals from a variety of different agencies including social care, acute care and a range of community and voluntary sector partners.About us
The trust is keen to promote learning and development opportunities for the right candidate we are able to offer a number of different developmental / training opportunities
We would welcome contact from any interested candidate to either ring up for an informal chat or look round.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
The role can be demanding but also highly rewarding so you will need to be someone who is motivated, resilient and passionate about working with this client group. an experience CAMHS clinician who is able to manage their own caseload, with an emphasis on doing brief therapy as well as longer term specialist intervention.
Please refer to the attached job description and person specification for further detailed information to ensure that you meet the role criteria before applying.Person SpecificationQualificationEssential
- Current professional registration with appropriate body in healthcare or social work.
- Evidence of Continuing Professional Development.
- Depending on work area, recognised sign-off mentor (or equivalent) or must be achieved within agreed timescale.
- Key skills in literacy, numeracy and ITQ level 2 (or equivalent)
- Post-graduate qualification in a relevant area (within agreed timescale)
- Leadership or management qualification.
- Certificate in teaching & assessing in clinical practice as appropriate to own profession.
- CAMHS Degree
- Recognised qualification in a specific model of therapy e.g. family therapy, CBT etc.
- Recognised training in Facilitation of Parenting Groups
- Working collaboratively with service users and their families/carers.
- Providing clinical supervision.
- Significant experience working with children and young people with mental ill health in a community setting.
- Demonstrable knowledge to post-graduate level of evidence-based practice in caring for children and young people in the designated field.
- Research and development methodology.
- Understanding of psychological models of care and treatment.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Provide leadership and monitor, co-ordinate and prioritise the activities of a team.
- Work effectively as part of a multidisciplinary team and undertake lead professional / care co-ordinator responsibilities
- Provide effective clinical supervision, teaching, training and assessing in clinical practice.
Tees Esk and Wear Valleys NHS Foundation TrustAddress
North Moor House
North Moor Road
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.