We are looking for an enthusiastic, flexible and highly motivated experienced Radiographer to join our very busy Radiology Team here at The Shrewsbury and Telford Hospital NHS Trust. This role is based at The Princess Royal Hospital (PRH), Telford.
The successful applicant must have a BSc (Hon) Diagnostic Radiography or DCR, current HCPC registration and post graduate experience, preferably including the Cath Lab setting.This post would be suitable for an experienced Radiographer who would be provided with the opportunity to develop their skills. The successful applicant will be an integral part of the Cath lab team, working closely with the Cardiology team. Training would be supported in all modalities. This role also includes participation in a busy general rotation including participation in the on-call and 7 day working rosters (including basic CT competency).
Previous experience working or training in an NHS hospital is essential.Main duties of the job
- To provide a high quality service for patients To undertake X-ray examinations as an operator in accordance with IR(ME)R 2017.
- To 'Authorise under protocol' medical exposures using the Department's IR(ME)R Examination Protocols and own experience to ensure a safe effective X-ray service to all patients.
- To produce a good quality diagnostic image whilst keeping the radiation dose as low as is reasonably practicable.
- To assess and treat a workload of patients whilst maintaining a high standard of care to all patients and staff.
We boast a state of the art imaging department with a Philips Azurion Cath Lab installed in 2020. All of our general X-ray rooms are Philips C90 DXR supported by DXR mobile machines (installed 2020). This is in addition to a Philips Combi fluoroscopy/ DXR Room. Our CT service is provided by 2 Canon Azurion CT scanners installed in 2019 and 2021 and Siemens Aera MRI was installed in 2017.
All Radiographers with more than 1 year Post Graduate experience contribute to the training and mentorship of undergraduate students, Apprentice radiographers and Assistant Practitioners. The department has an excellent on site teaching environment. The department is fully committed to role extension and has practicing Radiographers undertaking Ultrasound, Barium Swallows, CT Colonoscopy and plain film reporting.
SaTH is the main provider of acute medical care for half a million people in Shropshire, Telford & Wrekin and mid-Wales and has been awarded over �300 million to invest in our hospitals.Job descriptionJob responsibilitiesFor full duties and responsibilities please refer to the attached document entitled Job Description.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Diploma/BSc in Radiography
- Current HCPC registration
- Post graduate qualification in Interventional radiography
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Comprehensive experience working in general radiography
- Experience in Cath. Lab.
- Previous experience of working/ training in an NHS hospital
The Shrewsbury and Telford Hospital NHS TrustAddress
The Princess Royal Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.