QVH is an ambitious Trust, proud of its heritage & reputation for clinical excellence and high care standards. Due to internal promotion, we are looking for a SLT with experience working with patients with communication & swallowing difficulties to join our community service -treating patients with neurodegenerative diseases, stroke and dementia.
The successful candidate will work closely with experienced SLTs, Physiotherapists, OTs and primary care colleagues in an outpatient & community setting. You will liaise with healthcare professionals, as well as patients & carers, & have responsibility for a caseload, delivering therapeutic interventions to achieve agreed goals.
We value contributions to service development & new ways of working. We recently launched a MDT Early Diagnosis Parkinsons Disease Clinic , with the support of an on-site Consultant Geriatrician & Nurse Specialist. Training will be provided in this area & with a newly appointed SLT assistant, we are keen to set up more new initiatives.
You will be encouraged to develop videofluoroscopy skills & to participate in professional development activities. We are proud of close links with other community and hospital teams.
This part-time role has negotiable hours & flexible working if required. Applicants with less experience may be considered as a developing band 5-6 post. For more information, please contact Sam Briggs, on 01342 414471/ firstname.lastname@example.orgMain duties of the job
A Specialist Speech and Language Therapist working with outpatients and in domiciliary settings for patients with an array of acquired communication and swallowing impairments. The majority of patients on the caseload have neurological disorders and therefore clinical interest in this area is essential.
We are looking for a driven SLT to join our expanding team which is based in a spacious and newly refurbished Rehabilitation Unit along with other therapy disciplines.
- To provide a high standard Speech and Language Therapy service to a specialist caseload of adults in the community/ outpatient setting with acquired communication, speech, eating, drinking and swallowing difficulties.
- To provide specialist patient-centred assessment and diagnosis of patients with diverse presentations and complex conditions and to gain consent to, develop and deliver an individualised treatment programme.
- To have responsibility for own caseload, often working without direct supervision. Access to advice and support from advanced Speech and Language Therapists is available but clinical work is not routinely evaluated.
- The post holder will promote the independence of patients and assist them to maintain and/or improve their own physical, psychological and social well-being.
Rated GOOD overall with outstanding care by the CQC. A specialist NHS hospital providing life-changing reconstructive surgery, burns care and rehabilitation services across the South of England and beyond.
We specialise in conditions of the eyes (corneoplastics), hands, head and neck cancer and skin cancer, reconstructive breast surgery, maxillofacial surgery and prosthetics, providing regional and national services in these areas of clinical expertise.Our world-leading clinical teams also treat more common conditions of the eyes, hands, skin, and teeth for the people of East Grinstead and the surrounding areas. In addition, QVH provides a minor injuries unit, expert therapies, a sleep service, and a growing portfolio of community-based services.Patients consistently rate QVH amongst the top hospitals in the country for quality of care.
Our success is underpinned by the skills and enthusiasm of our staff and a strong culture of partnership. We are fully committed to training and development of the workforce with support for continuing education and learning.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
See attached Job description and Person Specification for full details. Please do get in touch should you have any queries.Person SpecificationEssentialEssential
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Experience of working with patients with a range of communication and swallowing impairments
- Car driver
- Interest in progressive neurological conditions, stroke and dementia
- Completion of post graduate dysphagia competencies
Queen Victoria Hospital NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Queen Victoria Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.