Pharmacy services in the Trust have a proud history of supporting pharmacists to develop the skills and competencies needed to become excellent clinical pharmacists. We support all band 6 pharmacists to complete a postgraduate clinical qualification and have a growing team of pharmacist prescribers working at a high level of practice.
We are now happy to welcome applications from Registered or Trainee Pharmacists who intend to join the GPhC register imminently. Our Band 6 rotational scheme has a great record, with all Band 6 pharmacists gaining valuable experience in a range of settings and ascending to Band 7 Senior Clinical Pharmacist roles by the end of their second year. All three rotation sites are within the urban conurbation of Nottingham. This post is eligible for a Golden Hello payment of �2,750 for new starters who are external to the Trust. This is payable in 3 instalments over a 2 year period. This payment is only eligible to new starters who do not already hold a contract of employment with the Trust. This post also includes paid enhancements for unsocial hours working during night, weekends and bank holidays.Main duties of the job
To deliver, in conjunction with the Clinical Pharmacy Support Services Lead, a clinical pharmacy service.
In conjunction with the Heads of Pharmacy, contribute to the development, maintenance and monitoring of a high quality, cost effective clinical pharmacy service to the Trust.
Each six month rotation will challenge you and develop you in different ways, providing you with all of the support and development that you need to be ready for your next job. You will be mentored by a Senior Clinical Pharmacist who can help you to be confident and competent in your role and line managed by a Band 8 pharmacist from the area of your rotation.
You will be supported to undertake one from a number of postgraduate clinical pharmacy qualifications that will provide the underlying background knowledge you need to underpin your practice, according to your needs and career aspirations.About us
Nottinghamshire Healthcare employs over 10,000 colleagues who help #MakeADifference every day. We provide intellectual disability, mental health, community health, forensic and offender healthcare services across Nottinghamshire, Leicestershire, Lincolnshire and South Yorkshire. Care is delivered from over 120 sites within the community from acute settings and across low, medium and high secure environments including prisons.
As one of the largest mental health and community trusts in the East Midlands and one of the biggest employers in Nottinghamshire. We are also home to national and regional services such as the National High Secure Deaf Service and the Nottingham Centre for Transgender Health.
We are committed to flexible and agile working, including the opportunity to join our bank.
Your health and wellbeing is our priority and as such we invest significantly in this via our in-house Occupational Health Service, Staff Counselling Service and Health and Wellbeing Team.
We offer a number of employee-led staff networks, including Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) groups, our Green Champions Network, Freedom to Speak Up Network. Health and Wellbeing Champions Network and Menopause Champions. We provide care to a diverse range of communities and are passionate about supporting diversity and inclusion in the Trust.
If you believe in our values of Trust, Honesty, Respect, Compassion and Teamwork, then we would love to hear from you!
#TeamNottsHCJob descriptionJob responsibilities
Nottinghamshire Healthcare Pharmacy Services are based at The Wells Road Centre and have staff deployed to work at a range of locations. We strive to provide high quality clinical pharmacy services across a wide range of mental health, learning disability, offender healthcare and general healthcare sites in Nottinghamshire and the East Midlands.
The post will be a two year term rotational post with rotations that last 6 months based at each of the following service areas:
Lings Bar Hospital dispensary at Wells Road and wards at Lings Bar Hospital (medical rehabilitation)
Highbury Hospital dispensary at Wells Road and wards at the Highbury site (mental health)
Wells Road Centre - dispensary and wards at the site (low secure forensic mental health)
Please note that if you are new to the NHS, your starting salary will be determined according to your employment history but will usually be the bottom of the salary range quoted above. The full salary range is referenced in the Agenda for Change terms and conditions.Person SpecificationKnowledgeEssential
- Clinical Pharmacy knowledge associated with a Pharmacy degree course and early vocational experience
- MSc in Pharmacy or Equivalent
- Member of the General Pharmaceutical Council
- Current membership of Royal Pharmaceutical Society
- Hospital experience
- Audit experience
- Mental Health or CHS experience
Values and BehavioursEssential
- Organisational / time management skills
- Excellent communication skills
- IT literate
- Ability to work as a team player
- Work well under pressure and prioritise effectively
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- All colleagues are expected to demonstrate that they act in line with Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust Values: Trust Honesty Respect Compassion Teamwork
- All colleagues are expected to demonstrate an understanding of and commitment to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) and how it applies to their role. The Trust's expectations are highlighted within our EDI Policy, and associated EDI and Human Rights legislation
- Flexibility to work / cover at other sites to support the demands of the service - reasonable adjustments will be made for disabled individuals in line with the Equality Act 2010
- Able to work On-Call (Trust-Wide) following training and induction and, initially with support from a senior
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Has the physical ability to perform the full range of duties
Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Wells Road Pharmacy
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.