Hertfordshire Community NHS Trust (HCT) are pleased to be able to offer an excellent opportunity for an experienced administration/business support professional to join our Operations Team to support with performance oversight and service development.
We are looking for a highly able and motivated individual who has a clear interest in health care and working for the NHS and is capable to take on an important support role.
The post is very well supported by a range of experienced colleagues although you will be expected to show initiative, drive and to be proactive. This opportunity will provide a great deal of autonomy, scope and opportunity to make a key contribution.
You should have experience in a performance management role and be prepared to manage a range of competing priorities that support a diverse range of service delivery. This exciting role is an opportunity to be fundamental within this established team providing business management support to the senior management team and co-ordinating work for identified projects, including liaison with internal and external stakeholders.Main duties of the job
The post holder will support operational colleagues to develop and improve the management and performance of services within HCT. The role requires excellent communication skills and an ability to liaise effectively with a number of stakeholders. A successful applicant would be an expert in data management and have advance analytical skills with knowledge of Microsoft packages such as Excel and Power BI.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To co-ordinate projects managed by senior managers within operational teams, applying project management methodology including research, writing of briefs, presentations, negotiation and making recommendations to colleagues to improve services and ensure continuous improvement
- To analyse and use data and evidence effectively to identify and plan future activities in relation to the improvement of services and performance, identify correct themes and trends and draw appropriate conclusions
- To proactively identify opportunities to improve the management and performance of operational teams and to take forward support for business cases
- To support the development of improvements, innovations and Productivity Initiative Efficiency Schemes (PIES)
- To provide ad-hoc support to service managers with business management expertise as and when required
- To support operational colleagues with the development, production, and delivery of business plans, business cases, high quality and timely data/information and effective contract management
If you are looking for somewhere to make a real difference and are passionate about improving outcomes for adults and children and young people with health needs, a career with HCT may be just what you're looking for: HCT strive to make a difference to the health and wellbeing of our communities.
We are proud to be an organisation which focuses on our people, and we welcome individuals who share our values which support the development of a strong working culture, guiding and inspiring all of our actions and decisions. They enable us to be better at what we do ensuring we provide the highest quality of care to our patients.
Our staff are proud to be Innovative, Caring and Agile in their work to help achieve the Trust vision. We welcome diversity in our workforce and are interested in applicants from all backgrounds and ages.
We can offer you:
- 5% of basic salary subject to a minimum payment of �1,192 and a maximum payment of �2,011 per annum (pro rata where applicable)
- 27 days holiday rising to 33 days (depending on NHS Trust service) plus bank holidays (pro rata where applicable)
- One of the UK's best pension schemes
- Special Leave for family and personal reasons
- NHS Car Lease Scheme (for substantive staff)
- Eye Care Vouchers
- Employee Assistance Programme
- NHS Discounts
You've made a great decision to apply to join to HCT - we're looking forward to taking the next steps of the journey with you.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
This is a permanent position with the main base at HCT Head Office in Welwyn Garden City, Hertfordshire. The trust has number of other bases including Stevenage, Watford, and St Albans and the successful candidate is expected to work across locations in Hertfordshire to meet service needs and demands. You will need a full valid driving licence and access to a car to use regularly for business purposes is essential (unless you have a disability as defined by the Equality Act 2010).
Please see attached job description and person specification for more information about this role. Whilst it is not a legal requirement, Hertfordshire Community NHS Trust encourages and supports all its staff to be vaccinated as this remains the best line of defence against COVID-19.HCT has been voted one of the top 100 NHS trusts to work for in the country. We are an Armed Forces-friendly organisation and a menopause accredited employer.
We dont want you to miss out so be aware that if we have a high level of interest in this role, the vacancy may close prior to the advertised closing date. Please make your application as soon as possible - Apply nowPerson SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Business Administration Degree/Degree or equivalent level of knowledge and experience. Further relevant knowledge to post graduate diploma level or equivalent.
- PRINCE2/MSP/other suitable project management training or equivalent experience
- Confident, proactive and solution-oriented
- Flexible and adaptable to change
- Able to demonstrate a commitment to self-development
- Ability to work as part of a team and actively contribute to its success
- Experience of using complex data to drive performance
- Experience in developing, improving, and transforming operational services
- Understanding of local health needs
- Experience of managing change
- Experience of working across departmental and organisational boundaries
- Problem solving
- Planning and interpreting information to support the delivery of strategic objectives
- User of Microsoft word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Understanding of the importance of governance and the issues involved
- Knowledge and experience of managing a range of specific and specialist projects
- Experience of financial/budget management and monitoring
- Experience of supporting business development and planning
- Knowledge or experience of NHS or other public service organisations
- Specific experience with NHS Community services and data
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Proven data management skills and experience
- Excellent organisational and interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated, able to work autonomously
- Able to work with complex data and information
- Gaining cooperation and commitment from large and diverse groups
- Ability to communicate at all levels and to develop and sustain relationships at all levels both with Managers and Clinicians
- Ability to devise and present information in a range of formats
- Ability to translate clinical, managerial, and other data into useable information to improve decision-making
- Ability to communicate complex technical issues to non-technical staff
- Ability to work under pressure and within set timescales
- Adaptable to meet changing environments and goals
- Maintaining, reporting and keeping accurate records consistent with policies and procedures.
- Ability to write and present clear, concise and relevant reports to various audiences
- Ability to absorb new information quickly
- Ability to conduct successful meetings
- Negotiating and influencing skills
- Able to analyse information and present conclusions clearly and concisely
Hertfordshire Community NHS TrustAddress
Welwyn Garden City
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.