Post Title: Occupational Therapy Advanced Practitioner Team leader
Department: Intensive Support Team and assessment and treatment pathway
Location: Jack Judge House
Directorate: Learning DisabilitiesBand: 7
Contract Type: Secondment - 12 months
Responsible to: Principal Occupational Therapist, IST team leader, in-patent ward manager
Responsible for: OT provision in IST and assessment and treatment in-patient unitMain duties of the job
Assesses, diagnoses and manages the Occupational Performance of clients, in particular those with the most complex difficulties, including those with challenging behaviour, high acuity and mental or physical health concerns, to reduce the impact on quality of life and reduce hospital admissions.
Contributes clinically as part of the intensive support pathway to both inpatient and intensive support team settings (community and inpatient) to improve health and wellbeing outcomes and reduce hospital admission, providing assessment and treatment for patients within the areas of functional equipment provision, falls, sensory integration, sensory stimulation, activities of daily living, participation in purposeful activities.
Provides both direct and indirect intervention regarding OccupationalPerformance and in particular the impact that sensory integration, environment and participation in meaningful activity can have on an individual. This intervention will be delivered in various forms including assessment, analysis and interpretation, therapy, consultation, advice, staff training and facilitation working within an inter-disciplinary model in order to ensure that the inter-agency needs of clients are met.About us
We currently employ over 3,500 people and just like the population we serve, we are made up of diverse cultures and backgrounds. Whatever your role, working in a NHS Foundation Trust, like ours, is a demanding and extremely rewarding experience. Knowing that every day you can help to make a positive difference to someone's life is a very powerful feeling. We know that our Trust runs on this desire to help and support people, and our Trust vision expresses this. Our vision is to improve health and wellbeing for everyone, especially our colleagues to achieve the best possible work/life balance.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- Responsible for managing his/her own caseload including team and clinical outcome measures as part of the Intensive Support Team and inpatient services.
- To possess comprehensive risk assessment skills and ability to participate in shared multidisciplinary formulation of risk and care planning.
- To work with individual clients and to advise and train multi-disciplinary team members, parents and carers, following assessment and treatment.
- To participate and lead clinics, care reviews, CTRs, CPAs, individual planning meetings, and other appropriate case meetings, contributing professionalknowledge when required as appropriate.
- Liaises both orally and in writing with any significant others involved in the management of the client, within and outside the NHS, to ensure the clients needs are met effectively and efficiently.
- Degree in Occupational Therapy or relevant equivalent overseas qualification.
- Current HCPC registration
- Member of RCOT
- Sensory integration post graduate training, short specialist courses at master level
- Evidence of LD relevant training - e.g. Sensory, autism, PBS etc
- Experience of working with adults who have a learning disability, sensory and behavioural needs.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Evidence of promoting clinical excellence in a related clinical field.
- Evidence of knowledge of the use of Positive Behavioural Support and Trauma-based approaches in clinical management.
- Member of special interest group related to clinical field.
Black Country Healthcare NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Jack Judge House
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.