We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced Principal Applied Psychologist who is passionate about supporting individuals to achieve their full potential and maximise their quality of life, to join our new Community Mental Health Rehabilitation Team across the Black Country .
We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced Principal Applied Psychologist who is passionate about supporting individuals to achieve their full potential and maximise their quality of life, to join our new Community Mental Health Rehabilitation Team across the Black Country.
The successful candidate will have experience of working with individualswith severe and enduring mental illness and complex emotional needs
You will be responsible for providing high-quality, specialised, evidence-based psychological interventions to clients and families requiring input from the CMH Rehabilitation Pathway.
You will work closely with the team, and support colleagues through provision of clinical supervision, reflective practice, team formulation, consultation, and training. You will also provide guidance and consultation to potentially a wide range of other professionals involved in the client's care.
You will be an active member of the Team leadership and MDT within the Community Mental Health Rehabilitation Team supporting service development, delivery and evaluation of this new pathway
You will work within the Trust values of Caring, Enabling, Working Together andIntegrityMain duties of the job
- To provide specialised and evidence-based psychological interventions to the clients and families requiring input from the CMH Rehabilitation Pathway. The post holder will hold an individual caseload
- To offer complex assessments leading to the co-production of psychological formulations for the client and for the team use and interpretation of psychotherapeutic assessment instruments and the development and delivery of individual and team-based intervention plans.
- To work as a member of the multi-disciplinary team to provide an effective and co-ordinated service for clients and their families.
- To provide advice, consultation and clinical supervision to colleagues, and guidance to professional and non-professional carers.
- To engage with the service leadership within the Community Mental Health Rehabilitation Team, supporting the development, delivery and evaluation of this new pathway, and supporting the recruitment of new staff.
- To liaise and work jointly with a wide range of professionals to maintain effective continuity of care and to widen awareness of the complexities involved in the management, treatment and rehabilitation of individuals experiencing severe and enduring mental illness and complex emotional needs.
Thank you for helping me grow - I wouldn't be the psychologist I am today...
[BCHFT} takes multi-disciplinary working to a whole new level - psychology is so valued by all of the professionals here
It is clear that a lot of work has taken place to increase the profile of psychology across the organisation, and enable other professionals to understand the way in which thinking psychologically could support and enhance the organisation.
From the quotes from previous staff above, all of whom have gone on to secure significant promotions and career development, it is clear that BCHFT Mental Health Division Psychology is known for its commitment to helping its psychologists be the best they can be. Whatever you see as your future in psychology, BCHFT Mental Health can help you get there. In your role as a psychologist here, there are opportunities in leadership, in developing others, in developing advanced therapeutic skills and in organisational development and change.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
See attached Job description and Person Specification for more details regarding main responsibilitiesPerson SpecificationQualificationsEssential
Professional Body MembershipEssential Desirable Clinical SkillsEssential
- Post-graduate doctoral level training in Applied Psychology (or its equivalent as accredited by the BPS including models of psychopathology, clinical psychometrics and neuropsychology, two or more distinct psychological therapies and lifespan developmental psychology
- At least 2 years Post qualification experience
- Trained in clinical supervision and the supervision of doctoral trainees
- Evidence of continuing professional development
- Experienced in risk assessment and management
- Demonstrable evidence of good communication skills
Desirable Employer detailsEmployer name
- Working as a qualified applied psychologist within the designated service including a wide variety of client groups, across the whole life course and a range of clinical severity across the full range of care settings.
- Liaison and joint working with statutory, voluntary and private sector agencies
- Research and development experience
- Experience of training and teaching others
- Active participation in quality improvement and service governance initiatives
- Demonstrable evidence of Trust behaviours
Black Country Healthcare NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Mossley Day Unit
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.