Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust is seeking to appoint a full-time 10 PA Consultant Old Age Psychiatrist to join a fully supported multidisciplinary Community Mental Health Team in the Mansfield and Ashfield area of Nottinghamshire. Attached to this post is an additional 20% of the minimum point of the National Consultant (2003) contract (golden hello) payments at 3, 12 and 24 months.
You will be responsible for the diagnosis and treatment of the elderly mentally ill within a defined catchment area (Mansfield and Ashfield) serving 41,000 of the over 65's within this geography.
You will work in a consultative role supporting other team members and will carry a compact caseload of the most complex and unstable cases. The Community Mental Health Team receive circa 900 referrals a year of which 80% are assessed by the nursing team. In addition to this there are x2 Core Trainees on rotation within this service working 2 sessions each. You will be supported in undertaking your role with a full-time secretary and IT support.Main duties of the job
- Contribute to the provision of a comprehensive old age psychiatry service to the CMHT.
- Continuing clinical responsibility for the patients in the post holder's charge, allowing for all proper delegation to, and training of, members of staff accountable to the post holder.
- The diagnosis and treatment of patients within the sector and also, as appropriate, at any other location connected with the business of the Trust.
- To actively liaise with Primary Care, Social Services, RRLP, Domiciliary and Voluntary sectors to facilitate patient care.Support the MAS, DOT and IRIS teams.
We have a huge variety of opportunities in our expansive Trust covering geographically from South Yorkshire, Nottinghamshire to Leicester, providing mental health inpatient and community services, community health services, forensic mental health services and secure prison healthcare across the East Midlands.
We have more than 100 sites and a huge scope of unique opportunities to develop your career and gain some amazing experiences. We strive to be a great place to work and offer many staff benefits and tailored staff support and wellbeing programmes.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Consultants share an on-call rota (currently on a 1 in 13 basis) across the whole of central Nottinghamshire at night, weekends and public holidays. There is a second senior tier of on-call rota provided by Specialist Trainees. This is remunerated at a rate of 1%.
Consultants are required to participate in clinical audit and are also required to attend and to contribute to teaching meetings held weekly during academic term, usually alternative case presentation and journal club discussions.
Continuing Professional Development (CPD) is highly valued within the Trust. The directorate has a system of peer group supervision / CPD and supporting activity sessions are included in each Consultants job plan to support this. In addition, appropriate study leave will be supported and there is a notional annual budget of up to �1,200 per Consultant for approved CPD activities.
The post holder will be required to undergo an annual appraisal. Job planning is carried out by the Clinical Director. It will be mandatory for the post holder to join a Peer Review Group to MHSOP, to develop and oversee the conduct of Personal Development Plans.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- MB BS or equivalent medical qualification
- MTCPsych OR MRCPsych equivalent approved by the Royal College of Psychiatrists
- Qualification or higher degree in medical education, clinical research or management
Knowledge and ExperienceEssential
- Fully registered with the GMC with a licence to practice at the time of appointment
- Included on the GMC Specialist Register OR within six months
- Approved clinician status and S12 OR able to achieve within 3 months of appointment
- Excellent knowledge in speciality
- Makes decisions based on evidence and experience including the contribution of others
- Wide range of specialist and sub-specialist experience relevant to post within NHS or comparable service
- Able to deliver undergraduate or postgraduate teaching and training
- Able to use and appraise clinical evidence
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Able to plan and deliver undergraduate and postgraduate teaching and training relevant to this post
Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Mansfield and Ashfield CMHT
Heather House, 72 Portland Street
Kirkby In Ashfield
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.