Maintenance Fitter Advert for NHS Jobs
The Royal Orthopaedic Hospital NHS Trust is seeking to appoint a full time Maintenance Fitter (Mechanical/Plumber).
Band 5 pay is �28, 407 to �34, 581.
The Estates team are looking for an individual who will work on a wide range of mechanical systems and equipment in all areas of the Trust's estate, allowing the hospital to operate safely, observing all relevant Health & Safety guidelines and regulations.
The ideal candidate will be enthusiastic, highly motivated with excellent interpersonal skills and have served an apprenticeship or undertaken other suitable training in a mechanical discipline. You will have attained an appropriate qualification and gained experience carrying out maintenance on a wide range of engineering plant and services.
The Trust offers 27 days annual leave, on-call payment, Bank Holidays and NHS Pension.
The successful candidate must be prepared to participate in an on-call rota.
Informal enquiries are welcomed by contacting:
Dave Cooke, Head of Estates 0121 685 4239
Wayne Fletcher, Deputy Head of Estates 0121 685 4251Main duties of the job
Assisting and supporting the Operational Management team, which includes Reactive, Planned Preventative and Scheduled Maintenance services at The Royal Orthopaedic Hospital NHS Foundation Trust premises (including off-site properties). This will be undertaken with a special emphasis on the estate being operated and maintained in accordance with statutory compliance requirements.About us The Royal Orthopaedic Hospital NHS Foundation Trust is one of the largest specialist orthopaedic units in Europe. We offer planned orthopaedic surgery to people locally, nationally and internationally. Our Trust is a very special hospital big enough to deliver world class services and small enough to offer exceptional patient and staff experience. We offer a working experience unique in the West Midlands and we're always on the lookout for passionate people to join our award-winning team. The ROH is an equal opportunities employer. We employ people of difference and are committed to growing an inclusive culture, where difference is celebrated, and people feel able to bring their whole and authentic self to work. We are a Disability Confident Leader and offer a range of inclusive, family friendly and flexible working arrangements and policies, to support our people in the workplace. Flexible working requests will be considered. The Trust is committed to the Disability Confident Interview Scheme and will offer an interview to disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for a vacancy and consider them on their abilities. If you have a disability and need any support with your application or require any reasonable adjustments to be implemented please do get in touch with the Recruiting Manager for this position so that the team can support you. Job descriptionJob responsibilities
The post holder will be required to work in accordance with service needs. They will participate in the Estates On-Call rota based on the requirements of the service.
The successful candidate will be required to undertake maintenance and repairs on various items of plant, equipment and services. Applicants must demonstrate flexibility and initiative when dealing with a wide range of engineering services and will have experience maintaining equipment as part of a planned preventative maintenance system.
The Estates Technician shall have a mechanical background and will carry out with minimum supervision, maintenance, fault finding, repairs and installation work on all facilities,plant and equipment throughout the The Royal Orthopaedic Hospital NHS Foundation Trust Estate and will also act as the Trust representative in the absence of the Deputy Head of Estates or when requested to do so as and when the need arises by line management.
Learn new techniques to develop your own skills as appropriate to ensure that the most effective methods are used in the course of your work. Demonstrating your own activities to new or less experienced employees, providing advice, training and technical support where required.Person SpecificationQualifications and TrainingEssential
- Knowledge acquired through specialist training, or equivalent level of knowledge acquired through City and Guilds Engineering courses, with demonstrable supplementary technical and management experience.
- Suitable IT Skills e.g. MS Word and Excel/CAFM e.g. PlanetFM/Enterprise or similar.
Skills and knowledgeEssential
- Certificate/Diploma in Management Studies or equivalent (HNC/D).
- Specific training and experience of carrying out Authorised Person duties in a range of specialist health care services such as piped medical gas systems, high and low voltage systems.
- Accredited Health & Safety training e.g. IOSH Managing Safely or equivalent.
- Authorised Person (AP) training for High Voltage, Low Voltage, Ventilation, lifts, Medical Gases, Hot and Cold Water Systems (Legionella), Management of Asbestos etc.
- Demonstrate a wide range of knowledge in building services and construction matters.
- Demonstrate understanding of Health & Safety legislation and CDM regulations.
- Ability to use IT skills and apply new technology in order to manage and improve existing estates services. e.g. MS Word and Excel/CAFM e.g. Micad.
Other Job RequirementsEssential
- The ability to use a range of CAD software to draw and amend building plans and design building services.
- The ability to undertake and conduct the role of Authorised Person involving specialist training and building services.
- Application of appropriate theoretical and practical methods to design, commission, operate and maintain building services and systems.
- Provide technical management.
- Plan, organise, direct and control tasks.
- Provide technical advice on a range of building services.
- Manage and apply safe systems of work.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Undertake continuing professional development as necessary to maintain and enhance personal competences via training. To assist with developing staff to meet changing technical, organisational and service needs.
- Manage continuous quality improvement.
The Royal Orthopaedic Hospital NHS Foundation Trust Address
The Royal Orthopaedic Hospital
Bristol Road South
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.