Due to career progression we are looking for 2 enthusiastic Band 5 Occupational Therapists to work on our inpatient mental health unit. You will be working as part of a dynamic, multidisciplinary ward team alongside Nurses, support staff, Psychologists and Physiotherapists. We have regular AHP learning events and a strong preceptorship programme available within our Trust.Main duties of the job
As the successful candidate, you will have good organisation skills in order to manage your own caseload and prioritise your work. You will be able to promote your Occupational Therapy role articulately in MDT discussions and advocate for your patients' meaningful occupations. You will be innovative in devising treatment and discharge plans. You will be quick to establish good working relationships with your colleagues and your patients. You will also provide leadership to support staff and students on placement.About us
Greater Manchester Mental Health (GMMH) Foundation Trust employs over6,400
members of staff, who deliver services from more than160
We provide inpatient and community-based mental health care for people living in Bolton, the city of Manchester, Salford,Trafford and the borough of Wigan, and a wide range of specialist mental health and substance misuse services across Greater Manchester, the north west of England and beyond.
Greater Manchester is one of the world's most innovative, original and exciting places to live and work. From the beauty of the surrounding countryside to the heart of the vibrant inner city with great shopping, entertainment and dining options.
Wherever you go you will experience a great northern welcome with people famed for their warmth, humour and generosity.
Our people enjoy their work, have opportunities to learn and develop their skills and are encouraged to generate new ideas that improve care for our service users.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
You will provide Occupational Therapy assessments to the patients on your ward, developing treatment plans where appropriate and writing reports to summarise your findings.You will complete community and home assessments when required. You will present this information in ward reviews and multidisciplinary team meetings, giving your professional opinions and perspective to assist with discharge planning.
You will support therapeutic group activities on the ward when appropriate, working closely with the support staff. Staff benefits
Person SpecificationEducation / QulificationsEssential
- Pay Enhancements 30% additional for Evenings (8pm onwards) and Saturdays and 60% additional for Sundays and Bank holidays.
- 27 days annual leave plus bank holidays rising to 29 after 5 years and 33 days after 10 years
- Excellent pension
- Cycle to work scheme
- Salary sacrifice car scheme
- Wellbeing programme
- Blue Light Card Discounts
- Degree/MSC in Occupational Therapy
- Registration with the HCPC
- Application of the occupational therapy process with designated client group
- Ability to manage own workload and determine priorities
- Ability to facilitate groups with the client group
Skills & AbilitiesEssential
- Previous experience of working in a mental health setting
- Placement experience in mental health
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Willingness to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Ability to work under pressure
- A willingness to work flexibly to the needs of the service
Greater Manchester Mental Health NHSFTAddress
Royal Bolton Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.