An RRP of 20% of the minimum point of the National Consultant (2003) contract will be paid at 3, 12 & 24 months for this post.
The Trust covers the whole of the county of Nottinghamshire in the provision of mental health services to children, adults and older people. This is a substantive fulltime post in the Mansfield LMHT and the post has become available due to the post holder moving to a different post. The trust covers the whole of the county of Nottinghamshire in the provision of mental health services to children, adults and older people.Main duties of the job
The main focus of the role will include the psychiatric assessment of patients referred to the service related to patients in the psychosis pathway, management of patients within the recovery model, Mental Health Act work (Section 12), day on-call duty rota (this will be based on a pro rata and on average 3 to 4 times a month for emergency work only), CPA reviews, urgent assessments, cover for colleagues when on leave and working within the multidisciplinary team supporting other members of the team. There will be an emphasis on providing leadership and consultancy to the team. This will include support of multidisciplinary team meetings to discuss complex cases. The consultant will be assessing patients in clinic and often in the community in their own homes. All the patients on the case load will have CCO's.About us
Nottinghamshire Healthcare employs over 10,000 colleagues who help #MakeADifference every day. We provide intellectual disability, mental health, community health, forensic and offender healthcare services across Nottinghamshire, Leicestershire, Lincolnshire and South Yorkshire. Care is delivered from over 120 sites within the community from acute settings and across low, medium and high secure environments including prisons.
As one of the largest mental health and community trusts in the East Midlands and one of the biggest employers in Nottinghamshire. We are also home to national and regional services such as the National High Secure Deaf Service and the Nottingham Centre for Transgender Health.
We are committed to flexible and agile working, including the opportunity to join our bank.
Your health and wellbeing is our priority and as such we invest significantly in this via our in-house Occupational Health Service, Staff Counselling Service and Health and Wellbeing Team.
We offer a number of employee-led staff networks, including Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) groups, our Green Champions Network, Freedom to Speak Up Network. Health and Wellbeing Champions Network and Menopause Champions. We provide care to a diverse range of communities and are passionate about supporting diversity and inclusion in the Trust.
If you believe in our values of Trust, Honesty, Respect, Compassion and Teamwork, then we would love to hear from you!
#TeamNottsHCJob descriptionJob responsibilities
The post holder will be expected to:
- Provide high quality clinical leadership, meeting the needs of service users, carers, GPs and commissioners.
- Provide a comprehensive Early Intervention and Rehabilitation & Recovery aspects of the community mental health team in the Mansfield Sector.
- Work with other teams within and outside of the AMH directorate to implement care pathways and clinical strategy to improve access to interventions, improve outcomes and make best use of resources.
- Hold approval under S12 Mental Health Act and be authorised to act as an Approved Clinician.
- Hold membership of the Royal College of Psychiatrists (or equivalent)
- Provide out of hours on-call responsibilities which consist of participating in the consultant duty roster. For this post the roster is presently 1:18 including general psychiatry and old age consultants.
- Participate in the clinical governance framework in the LMHT and the wider Trust.
- Supervise junior medical colleagues and support staff.
- Ensure excellence in the provision of medical and psychiatric assessments to all referred patients to the service. To deliver evidence-based treatments
- MB BS or equivalent medical qualification.
- MRCPsych OR MRCPsych equivalent approved by the Royal College of Psychiatrists.
- Qualification or higher degree in medical education, clinical research or management.
- Additional clinical qualifications.
- Fully registered with the GMC with a licence to practise at the time of appointment.
- Included on the GMC Specialist Register OR within six months.
- Approved clinician status OR able to achieve within 3 months of appointment
- Approved under S12 OR able to achieve with 3 months of appointment
Employer detailsEmployer name
- In good standing with GMC with respect to warning and conditions on practice
Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Foundation TrustAddress
3 Heather Close
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.