An RRP of 20% of the minimum point of the National Consultant (2003) contract will be paid at 3, 12 & 24 months for this post.
This is a full time (10 sessions) replacement post due to retirement. The mental health service provision in the community has undergone a recent transformation to move to a model of locality teams. This was to improve care provided to patients, have a smoother transition within the NSF teams as they will be all based within the team. This was to ensure patients got the right care with the required intensity of support relevant to their needs.Main duties of the job
The main focus of the role will include the assessment of new patients referred to the service including students from the universities (Trent and Nottingham University), GP liaison work, management of patients within the recovery model, Mental Health Act work (Section 12) when required, day on-call duty rota (this will be based on a pro rata and on average 3 to 4 times a month for emergency work only, it is factored into the sessions and does not impact on work as it is a last resort cover), cover for colleagues when on leave and working within the multidisciplinary team supporting other members of the team. There will be an emphasis on providing leadership and consultancy to the team.About us
Nottinghamshire Healthcare employs over 10,000 colleagues who help #MakeADifference every day. We provide intellectual disability, mental health, community health, forensic and offender healthcare services across Nottinghamshire, Leicestershire, Lincolnshire and South Yorkshire. Care is delivered from over 120 sites within the community from acute settings and across low, medium and high secure environments including prisons.
As one of the largest mental health and community trusts in the East Midlands and one of the biggest employers in Nottinghamshire. We are also home to national and regional services such as the National High Secure Deaf Service and the Nottingham Centre for Transgender Health.
We are committed to flexible and agile working, including the opportunity to join our bank.
Your health and wellbeing is our priority and as such we invest significantly in this via our in-house Occupational Health Service, Staff Counselling Service and Health and Wellbeing Team.
We offer a number of employee-led staff networks, including Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) groups, our Green Champions Network, Freedom to Speak Up Network. Health and Wellbeing Champions Network and Menopause Champions. We provide care to a diverse range of communities and are passionate about supporting diversity and inclusion in the Trust.
If you believe in our values of Trust, Honesty, Respect, Compassion and Teamwork, then we would love to hear from you!
#TeamNottsHCJob descriptionJob responsibilities
- The number of new medical assessment does vary. The locality team will receive up to 25 referrals per week, most taken on by service and most seen by service unless there was a specific medical need as the first assessment. For community posts, numbers of referrals, team meetings, supervision of team members.
- Management of complex cases.
- Clinical leadership of team, engagement with MDT and RAMM.
- Role in assessment of referrals/admissions.
- Care plan and treatment formulation, guidance on evidence-based treatment and effectiveness.
- Liaison and collaborative working with other services/agencies/colleagues.
- Mental Health Act implementation.
- Multi-disciplinary, multi-agency and partnership working.
- Day duty on-call rota
- MB BS or equivalent medical qualification.
- MRCPsych OR MRCPsych equivalent approved by the Royal College of Psychiatrists.
- Qualification or higher degree in medical education, clinical research or management.
- Additional clinical qualifications.
- Fully registered with the GMC with a licence to practise at the time of appointment.
- Included on the GMC Specialist Register OR within six months.
- Approved clinician status OR able to achieve within 3 months of appointment
- Approved under S12 OR able to achieve with 3 months of appointment
Employer detailsEmployer name
- In good standing with GMC with respect to warning and conditions on practice
Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.