The Specialist Perinatal Service is a passionate, dynamic and committed team and as part of our expansion plans, we are looking to recruit three occupational therapists.
We are one of the largest Specialist Perinatal Team in the country and pride ourselves on the expertise and compassion of our staff.
Our team works with small caseloads of women and people who are pregnant or in the post-natal period experiencing mental health difficulties, at this important time in their lives.This is a rewarding and varied role working with our colleagues across the Perinatal Pathway, including maternity, health visiting, IAPT and Infant mental health.Main duties of the job
Work as an Occupational Therapist in the Specialist Perinatal Service, within one of three clusters covering Greater Manchester. Providing an efficiently administered and professionally competent occupational therapy service for people who use the Specialist Perinatal Service.
Manage a caseload of women in the perinatal period with complex, severe and enduring mental health needs, offering occupational therapy interventions where mental health problems have a marked impact on their occupational functioning and who have complex occupational needs.
Offer specialist occupational therapy assessments and interventions to a case load of clients of complex needs. Assessments and interventions will identify barriers and support clients to achieving functional goals.
Provide occupational therapy advice to the multi-disciplinary team.
Contribute to the planning, development, provision and evaluation of the Occupational Therapy Service within the Specialist Perinatal Service as well as contributing to audit, standard setting, research, and development.
Provide professional supervision of students as well as training to students, staff colleagues and other agencies.About us
Greater Manchester Mental Health (GMMH) Foundation Trust employs over6,400
members of staff, who deliver services from more than160
We provide inpatient and community-based mental health care for people living in Bolton, the city of Manchester, Salford,Trafford and the borough of Wigan, and a wide range of specialist mental health and substance misuse services across Greater Manchester, the north west of England and beyond.
Greater Manchester is one of the world's most innovative, original and exciting places to live and work. From the beauty of the surrounding countryside to the heart of the vibrant inner city with great shopping, entertainment and dining options.
Wherever you go you will experience a great northern welcome with people famed for their warmth, humour and generosity.
Our people enjoy their work, have opportunities to learn and develop their skills and are encouraged to generate new ideas that improve care for our service users.Job descriptionJob responsibilitiesPlease see attached job description and person specification Staff benefits
Person SpecificationEducation and QualificationsEssential
- 27 days annual leave plus bank holidays rising to 29 after 5 years and 33 days after 10 years
- Excellent pension
- Cycle to work scheme
- Salary sacrifice car scheme
- Wellbeing programme
- Blue Light Card Discounts
- Diploma/Degree in Occupational Therapy.
- Fieldwork educator's qualification within 1 year of appointment.
- Post registration training relevant in mental health.
- AMPS Training.
- Model of Human Occupation training.
- A demonstrable experience working as a qualified Occupational Therapist, including experience working in mental health.
- Experience providing occupational therapy in a mental health setting.
Skills and abilitiesEssential
- Experience of working with perinatal mental health clients.
- Experience of working in a community setting.
- Be able to provide robust packages of care to service users in liaison with multiple stakeholders to safely manage mental health and risk management needs.
- Can work on own initiative and plan workload effectively responding to changing priorities.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Can demonstrate involvement in in and contribution to implementation of change in response to service need.
Greater Manchester Mental Health NHSFTAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.