Applications are invited for a Consultant Psychiatrist for Adults with Intellectual Disability, Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities (IDD) Service: IDD City (South) and IDD West (Ashfield).
This is a 10-PA post in Intellectual Disability Psychiatry. The Consultant is employed by Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust and will join the 7 other NHS Consultants in the ID service. This is a replacement post after the previous post-holders took up leadership roles and left the Trust respectively.Main duties of the job
The post-holder is expected to consult the multidisciplinary team to offer psychiatric expertise and direct involvement in the areas of: assessment and diagnosis, formulation, pharmacological treatments, use of the Mental Health Act and Mental Capacity Act, and the management of complex and/or risky presentations and severe symptomatology.
Regular peer supervision is available with the experienced and supportive Consultant group and is encouraged.About us
Nottinghamshire Healthcare employs over 10,000 colleagues who help #MakeADifference every day. We provide intellectual disability, mental health, community health, forensic and offender healthcare services across Nottinghamshire, Leicestershire, Lincolnshire and South Yorkshire. Care is delivered from over 120 sites within the community from acute settings and across low, medium and high secure environments including prisons.
As one of the largest mental health and community trusts in the East Midlands and one of the biggest employers in Nottinghamshire. We are also home to national and regional services such as the National High Secure Deaf Service and the Nottingham Centre for Transgender Health.
We are committed to flexible and agile working, including the opportunity to join our bank.
Your health and wellbeing is our priority and as such we invest significantly in this via our in-house Occupational Health Service, Staff Counselling Service and Health and Wellbeing Team.
We offer a number of employee-led staff networks, including Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) groups, our Green Champions Network, Freedom to Speak Up Network. Health and Wellbeing Champions Network and Menopause Champions. We provide care to a diverse range of communities and are passionate about supporting diversity and inclusion in the Trust.
If you believe in our values of Trust, Honesty, Respect, Compassion and Teamwork, then we would love to hear from you!
#TeamNottsHCJob descriptionJob responsibilities
To be based at Portland Street, Ashfield and at Highbury Hospital, Nottingham as per timetable and job plan. To provide outpatient services based at Portland Street, Ashfield and Highbury Hospital, Nottingham and in other community settings as agreed. To be a member of the Community ID Team and to work closely with other team members to provide a high quality service. To provide expert Intellectual Disabilities advice to other secondary healthcare colleagues and partner agencies. To make a significant contribution to the Intellectual Disabilities clinical service, providing advice on future development and planning of the services To manage, appraise and give professional supervision to junior medical staff as agreed between consultant colleagues and the medical director and in accordance with the Trusts personnel policies and procedures. This may include assessing competences under the Modernising Medical Careers framework. To ensure that junior medical staff working with the post holder operate within the parameters of the New Deal and are Working Time Directive compliant.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- MB BS or equivalent medical qualification
- MRCPsych with experience of working/ training in intellectual disability services or equivalent experience
- Qualification or higher degree in medical education, clinical research or managemen
- Fully registered with the GMC with a licence to practise at the time of appointment
- Included on the GMC Specialist Register OR within six months
- Approved clinician status OR able to achieve within 3 months of appointment
- Approved under S12 OR able to achieve within 3 months of appointment
Clinical Skills, Knowledge & ExperienceEssential
- In good standing with GMC with respect to warning and conditions on practice
Academic Skills & Lifelong LearningEssential
- Excellent knowledge in specialty
- Makes decisions based on evidence and experience including the contribution of others
- Able to meet duties under MHA and MCA
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Able to deliver undergraduate or postgraduate teaching and training
- Demonstrate commitment to shared leadership & collaborative working to deliver improvement
- Participated in continuous professional development
- Has actively participated in clinical audit and quality improvement programmes
Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Foundation TrustAddress
68 Portland Street
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.