Are you interested in research?
An exciting opportunity has arisen to appoint a IBD Research Support Nurse to work with the IBD Gastroenterology Research team at Addenbrooke's Hospital. Your work will involve supporting the Inflammatory Bowel Disease studies. This will include identifying and recruiting patients to a range of observational/ biopsy sample collection studies.
You will be a Registered Nurse able to work under pressure and to function independently and as part of a research team. You will need the capacity to manage competing demands and the ability to build and maintain working relationships with a variety of different staff. Some research experience is desirable but not imperative, as is experience working Gastroenterology. Computer skills are essential.Our focus is to provide the highest standards of care to patients and families, and the research we conduct has these same goal. This position will suit a motivated, efficient and enthusiastic individual, and will provide an exciting opportunity to have a positive impact on patient care through ground-breaking research.Main duties of the job
To drive recruitment in research studies.
To provide skilled nursing care to ensure the safe and efficient running of research studies.
To demonstrate excellent communication skills while working alongside the medical and nursing team as well.
To be responsible for the assessment of patient eligibility, obtaining consent form, biopsy sample labelling and handling, always using agreed frameworks and following study protocol requirements.About usCome Nurse with us...
Cambridge University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust is one of the largest teaching Trusts in the country. It comprises Addenbrooke's Hospital and the Rosie Hospital. We provide accessible high-quality healthcare for the local people of Cambridge and regional and national specialist services. It's a great place to nurse, work and live.
You will work on a vibrant hospital campus with a friendly community feel we have excellent facilities to practise your skills and abilities to support your career pathway and development. Our values of Together - Safe, Kind, Excellent
support the delivery of outstanding care. We have a fully electronic patient record system that is improving health-care quality this is transforming services, improving patient safety and clinical outcomes. Why choose Cambridge University Hospitals?
Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- Our values and reputation for outstanding care
- Opportunities to experience a range of specialities
- Career and development opportunities
- Preceptorship and mentoring programmes delivered by a dedicated clinical education support team
- Research experience and opportunities
- �1000 Welcome Subsidy on commencement and up to a further �3000 loan to support your resettlement and contribute towards a deposit or first months' rent subject to eligibility
- Lovely location and quality of life
- Excellent schools/colleges and transport links (road, rail and air)
Please see the attached Applicant Information Pack (combined Job Description and Person Specification) for key duties and responsibilities.
This vacancy will close on 11th September 2023.
Interviews are due to be held on 19th September 2023. Benefits to you
We offer development opportunities and a wide range of benefits including on-site leisure facilities, shopping concourse, day nurseries and access to a great transport system with easy access to airports and rail travel.
Please note if you would like to discuss the required hours of this role further, you should approach the contact given. In some cases alternative working hours will be considered.
We welcome applications from the Armed Forces.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Registered nurse
- Evidence of continuous professional development
- Research Module, Degree or study at degree level , Teaching and mentorship qualifications.
- Relevant clinical experience at Band 5
- Experience of formal/informal teaching
- Experience of working within multi-disciplinary teams
- Experience of working in a clinical research environment e.g. participant recruitment
- Knowledge of clinical research infrastructure in the UK and of research related legislation & regulation
- Understand the structure, role & functions of RECs and R& D departments
- Understanding of the requirements of ICH Good Clinical Practice possess current GCP Certificate
- GCP online learning & certificate
- Competent in PC packages
- To act in a professional manner at all times in accordance with the NMC Code of Conduct
- Capable of developing liaisons with other practice areas/academic institutions.
- The ability to understand and behave at all times, towards patients, visitors and colleagues according to the Trust values of safe, kind, excellent.
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Capable of working as an integral member of a small team
- Flexible and adaptable to changing situations due to both workload and colleagues needs
- Ability to work unsupervised and manage own workload effective time management.
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Commitment to multidisciplinary working.
- Ability to work independently but also able to operate effectively within multi-disciplinary
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Assertiveness/perceptive counselling skills
Cambridge University Hospital NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.