It's a great time to apply to join our incredible organisation: The Trust's world-wide reputation and opportunities to gain exceptional training and experience have ensured highly successful nurse recruitment campaigns. We are delighted to be able to offer an opportunity to apply to join the Royal Papworth Hospital family.Main duties of the job
Opportunities currently in:
You do not need experience in cardio-thoracic nursing to apply. Working in any of our specialities will see you progress and fast forward your career to become an expert within this rewarding field of work. You will be working with friendly, dedicated and passionate teams who all lead from the heart.
You will need the following attributes:
Be a UK Registered Nurse (or awaiting registration if newly qualified)
Highly motivated, enthusiastic and a willingness to learn
Excellent communication skills
If you can bring fresh perspectives, in any way, to the challenges we face whether through your background as someone from a UK ethnic minority or you live with a disability (visible or not), are open about your faith, religion or belief or about being LGBT, your application will receive a warm welcome.
In addition to a range of staff benefits, we offer a �1,000 welcome payment**
Your application supporting information
Our Trust values are Compassion, Excellence and Collaboration.Please include in your Supporting Information why you would like to join Royal Papworth Hospital and how you will support our values
Please indicate your 1st and 2nd preference in your Supporting Information. Where, following successful interview, we are unable to accommodate your preference/s at that time due to our low vacancy rates, we will retain your details and offer you the next available vacancy.About us
Royal Papworth Hospital NHS Foundation Trust is the UK's leading heart and lung hospital, delivering care to more than 50,000 patients a year in its new state-of-the-art hospital in Cambridge. We perform the most heart and/or lung transplants in the UK and carried out the UK's first successful heart transplant in 1979. It also offers emergency heart attack treatment, sleep centre care and is one of just five centres nationally for those in severe respiratory failure.
Based on the Cambridge Biomedical Campus the largest centre of medical research and health science in Europe the Trust is at the heart of treatments of the future. Royal Papworth became the first hospital trust in the country to be rated outstanding in all five areas assessed by the Care Quality Commission - a rating it still holds today. The Trust holds its values of compassion, excellence & collaboration at its core, and all colleagues joining the team are expected to uphold these in their day-to-day roles & interactions. Royal Papworth is proud of its diverse workforce and encourages people to embrace their individuality.
The Trust values difference and welcomes all applications irrespective of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy & maternity, race, religion & belief, sex and sexual orientation. Providing they meet the minimum post criteria, applicants with disabilities will be offered an interview.
For a street view tour: https://royalpapworth.nhs.uk/virtual-tourJob descriptionJob responsibilities
On this page you will find a Role Profile which provides information about the hospital and full details about the role. We recommend that you review this and refer to it as you complete your application. Please include how you will meet the Trust Values Compassion, Excellence and Collaboration. If you would like more information about the role or working at Royal Papworth Hospital, please get in touch with the contact for this role.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Current registration with NMC, part one or two of the register
- Diploma, BSc or MSc in Nursing
- Evidence of continued professional development
- Degree in Nursing
- Teaching and assessor qualification
- Adhering to the NMC Code of Conduct and professional practice guidance
- Good theoretical and practical knowledge of nursing within the clinical area
- Knowledge of health and safety, clinical governance and quality assurance
- Awareness and need to demonstrate a professional appearance and behaviour
- Aware of cultural and social influences on health and of the importance of respecting diversity and differences
- Ability to problem solve, use own initiative, plan, organise and prioritise workload
- Proven communication skills, written and oral.
- Able to work collaboratively with the multi-disciplinary team, patients and their relatives.
- Have good IT skills and be motivated to learn and use specialist applications and technologies.
- Evidence of experience in the specialty
- At least 6 months clinical experience in an acute setting within last 2 years
- Awareness of broader issues within the Trust and the wider NHS
- Understanding of the professional nursing agenda
- Able to induct/orientate new staff to the clinical area and identify key learning needs of less experienced staff
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Please provide evidence of your commitment to uphold the Trust's values: Compassion, Excellence, Collaboration
Royal Papworth Hospital NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Royal Papworth Hospital
Cambridge Bio Medical Campus
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.