Specialist Rotational Physiotherapist Band 6 or 5 - 6 development post dependent on experience Department: Therapies Hours: 37.5 per week, all MKUH roles will be considered for flexible working
Our Therapy Department is currently looking for dynamic and enthusiastic Band 6 or experienced Band 5 Physiotherapist's to join our cohort of rotational band 6's.
These roles are also available as a band 5 to 6 development post where you will be supported through a 6-9-month programme of training sessions and competencies. If you are a Band 5 and not quite ready for a Band 6 post, we have developed a tailored programme to meet your needs which will specifically and intensively support you to develop the skills we expect from our Band 6 Physiotherapists. On reaching this point you will move to the B6 salary scale.
The rotations are 8 months in length and cover the following areas:
- Respiratory - Respiratory medicine including NIV, General surgery including ERP programme and ICU
- MSK Outpatients including hydrotherapy
- Inpatient Orthopaedics - Trauma and Elective
- Acute Stroke Unit
- Acute assessment and frailty team
- MSK outreach and domiciliary service
For further information or an informal discussion please contact Laura Sturgeon or Adam Baddeley , Inpatient Therapy Service Leads, via Physiotherapy reception on 01908 995432 or alternatively email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com Interview date: Week commencing 16/10/23Main duties of the job
- To provide advanced physiotherapeutic assessment of patients with diverse presentations and complex physical and psychological conditions, to provide a diagnosis and develop and deliver an individualised treatment programme.
- To be responsible for own case load within a defined clinical area, or a particular patient type, working without direct supervision but with support available from a senior physiotherapist, as required
- To utilise the expertise of senior staff in order to develop skills and knowledge and consolidate learning.
- To undertake all aspects of clinical duties as an autonomous practitioner.
- To train and develop junior staff
- To undertake evidence based audit to further own and team's clinical practice. Make recommendations to Manager / Team Leader regarding changes to practice and/or service policies and protocols. May lead the implementation of specific changes to practice or contribute to service protocols.
- To represent therapies as a visible, knowledgeable, confident, supportive and high performing professional group
- Working as part of a dedicated and skilled Therapy Services team you will be providing a holistic therapy approach to patients in both an inpatient and outpatient setting. There is a strong expectation to collaborate with all members of the MDT to ensure the complex needs of patients are always at the centre of your care.
The post holder will participate in the respiratory on call rota (including weekends and bank holidays as required)
You can expect a warm welcome at Milton Keynes University Hospital, our staff are friendly and welcoming. We listen to each other and work together to embed our Trusts values and behaviours. At MKUH we appreciate our staff and reward them with an outstanding benefits package including:
- Free on-site parking
- Free tea and coffee
- Great flexible workingopportunities
- Discounted gym membership
- Lease car scheme
- Generous annual leave and pension scheme
- On site nursery (chargeable)
- Extensive staff health and well-being programme
Milton Keynes University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust, in partnership with the University of Buckingham, is a University Teaching Hospital we conduct research and teaching on site to improve the care of our patients. The hospital is undergoing significant investment, and we are proud to be rated good by the CQC. Visit our website to catch up on our latest news.Job descriptionJob responsibilitiesClinical
- To be professional and legally accountable for all aspects of your own work including the management of patients in your care.
- To undertake the comprehensive assessment of patients, including those with a complex presentation/multi-pathologies use advanced clinical reasoning skills and manual assessment techniques to provide an accurate diagnosis of their condition.
- To comply with the Chartered Society of Physiotherapists Code of Ethics and Professional Conduct.
- To be responsible for maintaining own competency to practice through continuing professional development (CPD) by keeping abreast of any new trends and developments and incorporate, as necessary, in your work. Maintain a portfolio which reflects personal development.
Please refer to Job Description for further detailsPerson SpecificationQualifications and knowledgeEssential
- To be responsible for the supervision and co-ordination of junior staff, assistants and students on a daily bases in conjunction with the team leader/senior physiotherapists, as required.
- To ensure that your own practice and that of staff under your supervision, meet the required professional standards of physiotherapy practice.
- Physiotherapy Degree/Diploma or equivalent professional qualification
- Registered with UK Health and Care Professions Council
- Awareness of NHS & Trust systems, policies, procedures & current changes
- Sound therapeutic & clinical knowledge
- Knowledge of physiotherapy best practise for a range of conditions
- Membership of CSP
- Membership of CSP oMembership of specialist interest groups
- Relevant experience in hospital setting at band 5 or 6 leve
- Active member of multi-disciplinary team
- Supervision & training of assistants, junior members of staff and students
- Able to independently manage caseload
- Undertaken project within area e.g. best practice project, guideline development, benchmarking or audit
- Good time management skills
- Ability to prioritise appropriately
- Timely management of patient medical records
- Practice Evidence Based therapy
- Ability to do clinical and non-clinical supervision sessions and apprasials with band 5, assistants and students
- Ability to appropriately apply a range of treatment approaches
- Ability to be aware of clinical & non-clinical complications & risks
- Ability to thrive in a multidisciplinary environment
- Enthusiasm for IST including presentation of IST
- Basic management skills-to be able to help organise caseload & others
- Recognition of need for timely and accurate data
- Understanding of audit & outcome measurement
- IT literacy / presentation
Personal and people developmentEssential
- oAwareness of HR processes and experience of sickness absence management
- oExperience in recruitment processes
- Evidence of Continuous Professional Development
- Evidence of appraising others and developing objectives with staff
- Experience of managing and developing colleagues
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to influence others
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Able to perform the duties of the post with reasonable aids and adaptations
- Able to work on a 7 day rota when on rotation to the Stroke Team and Acute Assessment and Frailty Team with unless exclusions apply
- Able to work an extended hours shift pattern when on rotation to MSK out-patients unless exclusions apply
- Able to work as part of the Respiratory on-call and weekend rota
Milton Keynes University Hospital NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Inpatient OT (Dept)
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.