The post holder will support the Trust's Patient Electronic Record (eCARE), and provide specialist Back Office functions, configuration, and system management services to all Trust staff.
Support is provided via phone, email, and remote tools to assist in the resolution of issues, this may require the identification and resolution of complex problems.
The Team leader will take an active role in engaging and supporting a team of analysts and ensuring their development.
To be successful in this role you will need to have knowledge of the Cerner Millennium suite of applications used in eCare. In depth experience of using Millennium configuration tools and/or recent and relevant experience of maintaining, configuring, and developing a major clinical support system, PAS or EPR would be an advantage.
You would have experience of managing a team.
You will be flexible in approach, tenacious, a good team player and have an eye for detail.
You can work well under pressure, always maintaining a pleasant and professional attitude. You will have excellent communication and interpersonal skills that enable you to liaise with all staff groups.
If you are keen to work in a friendly team of like-minded professionals, then please apply now. Week commencing 16th October 2023.Main duties of the job
Responsible for the provision of highly specialist IT Back Office technical services to the Trust. Areas of responsibility include, but not limited to, support of the Trust's Electronic Patient Record (eCARE) System.
Will provide support via phone,email and remote tools to assist in the resolution of issues, this may require the identification and resolution of complex problems.About us
Milton Keynes University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust, in partnership with the University of Buckingham, is a University Teaching Hospital we conduct research and teaching on site to improve the care of our patients. The hospital is undergoing significant investment, and we are proud to be rated good by the CQC. Visit our website to catch up on our latest news.Job descriptionJob responsibilitiesThe post holder will highly provide specialist Back Office support, configuration and system management services to all Trust staff under the guidance and directionof the
I.T. Back Office Manager.
In this capacity the post holder will be responsible for all the activities associated with the maintenance and development of the eCARE System in accordance with established policies and procedures. This will include but not be limited to the following activities.
Maintain, support, and develop the eCARE System. This system is mission critical to the business.
Develop test scripts under the direction of the I.T. Back Office Manager to validate any system modifications and upgrades that will be released to the organisation as and when required.
Develop, build, configure and test any new deployments and system upgrades under the direction of the I.T. Back Office Manager. This will include building new departments, wards etc and producing test scripts to validate processes with the change team and end users. These scripts will be used to sign off the local build and configuration of the system.
Manage, direct and deliver a business-as-usual I.T. Back Office support service to all Trust staff using the eCARE system. This will include the setup of new clinics, theatre sessions, clinicians and other back office functions in line with current business needs following the correct procedures. Please refer to the job description for further details.Person SpecificationQualifications and knowledgeEssential
- IT related degree (or equivalent qualification / relevant experience)
- Evidence of continuous personal development
- IT Service Management qualification e.g. ITIL Foundation
- Project Management qualification e.g. Prince 2 Foundation
- 1 year of experience in a team lead role
- Experience in being a member of a project
- Sound understanding of current IT standards, capabilities and developments in desktop, network, server, storage and applications technology.
Personal and people developmentEssential
- Strategic thinker with sound analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to form excellent relationships and influence and negotiate effectively in order to deliver results and commitment to customer service
- Ability to prioritise activities of self based on changing requirements and circumstances
- Commitment to continuous professional development personally.
- Ability to remain calm and composed in high pressure situations.
- Self-motivated and able to work to tight deadlines with a flexible approach to work
- Able to form good working relationships with staff in the Trust and partner organisations
- Willing to develop own skills and knowledge
- Ability to work as a member of a team
- Ability to interpret and communicate complex technical information to both technical and non-technical staff
- High standard of written and verbal communication
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Able to perform the duties of the post with reasonable aids and adaptations
Milton Keynes University Hospital NHS Foundation TrustAddress
IT Applications (Dept)
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.