An exciting opportunity has arisen for enthusiastic, committed, hardworking, and highly motivated, Registered Nurse's or Operating Department Practitioner's to join our family of dedicated Theatre Practitioners at # We are ELHT theatres
Band 4 Nurse Associates are welcome to applyMain duties of the job
We have 11 theatres at the Royal Blackburn site and 17 at Burnley General and together we carry out a wide range of both elective and emergency surgery through many specialities including: Gynaecology, obstetrics, ophthalmology, general surgery, vascular, colorectal, HPB, Urology, orthopaedics, trauma, ENT, maxillofacial including ground-breaking complex head and neck reconstructive surgery and Robotic assisted Surgery.About us
We are a university teaching trust, experience is not essential, as training will be given. We have a comprehensive training package, we invest and develop our workforce and you will be supported by a team of dedicated Practice Educators.
We encourage innovation. ELHT already has the largest and most comprehensive programme of robot assisted surgery in the northwest, with the region's leading surgeons removing head and neck, urological and colorectal cancers at the Royal Blackburn Teaching Hospital. A second robot has been installed at Burnley General Teaching Hospital allowing surgeons to perform robot assisted surgery for gynaecological/Urological cancers. The extra capacity will also allow ELHT to perform more robot assisted surgery which will eventually include Hepato-biliary cancers.
Our aim is to be widely recognised for providing safe, personal and effective care, by putting safety and quality at the heart of all we do. The 2019 staff survey results see East Lancashire Hospitals score higher than the national average for 9 of the survey's 11 key themes, including health & wellbeing, quality of care, morale, quality of appraisals, safety culture, staff engagement and team working.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
We require a committed, motivated, hardworking individual to work in our theatres. You will be required to show flexibility in your approach to the role and have excellent time management and communication skills. We also expect all applicants to be dedicated to their role and enhance their knowledge and skills. This post does include participation in weekend and night rotation. Duties Include providing expert standards of care to patients, maintaining a safe environment for all, completing accurate and clear documentation, acting as scrub / circulating nurse and or act as anaesthetic /recovery nurse depending on qualification and experiencePerson SpecificationAttainmentsEssential
- Registered Nurse - 1st or 2nd Level or ODP 752, Level 3/Certificate of Higher Education or Diploma Advanced certificate in operating dept practice
- Able to prioritise workload
- Proven ability to comply with detailed procedures
- Mentorship qualification
- Experience of Theatre practice
- Clear and accurate record keeping
- Clear and accurate written/verbal communication
- Able to work the hours required by the need of the service.
- Able to adapt to the changing needs of the service
- Proven ability to work within a team and be an effective member.
- Demonstrate a sympathetic /sensitive approach and to be able to speak effectively to colleagues, staff and patients
- Actively seeks to develop own skills and clinical knowledge
- Able to work with minimal supervision.
- Able to use own initiative.
- Able to deal with confidential information in the appropriate manner.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Electronic Communication
- Have an understanding of team building
- Willingness to undertake future study for own professional development and service needs
East Lancashire Hospitals NHS TrustAddress
Across East Lancashire Sites
Across East Lancashire Sites
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.