The post holder will provide support to the Head of Financial Services across a range of services within Financial Accounting and Financial Services to meet the requirements of the Trust's business.
To be responsible for providing sound financial accounting, charitable fund and cash services to meet the requirements of the Trust's financial duties. This role will manage and develop finance staff on a day-to-day basis to ensure that the financial services teams are providing efficient, high-quality and customer focused functions.
Roles at this level require a fully qualified finance professional with broad business experience and the ability to lead and motivate a team of finance staff. A key element to the role will be to develop and disseminate best practice and to ensure professional and financial standards are delivered to ensure compliance with external standards and best practice.Main duties of the job
Annual Report and Accounts
Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable
Staff ManagementAbout us
Nottinghamshire Healthcare employs over 10,000 colleagues who help #MakeADifference every day. We provide intellectual disability, mental health, community health, forensic and offender healthcare services across Nottinghamshire, Leicestershire, Lincolnshire and South Yorkshire. Care is delivered from over 120 sites within the community from acute settings and across low, medium and high secure environments including prisons.
As one of the largest mental health and community trusts in the East Midlands and one of the biggest employers in Nottinghamshire. We are also home to national and regional services such as the National High Secure Deaf Service and the Nottingham Centre for Transgender Health.
We are committed to flexible and agile working, including the opportunity to join our bank.
Your health and wellbeing is our priority and as such we invest significantly in this via our in-house Occupational Health Service, Staff Counselling Service and Health and Wellbeing Team.
We offer a number of employee-led staff networks, including Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) groups, our Green Champions Network, Freedom to Speak Up Network. Health and Wellbeing Champions Network and Menopause Champions. We provide care to a diverse range of communities and are passionate about supporting diversity and inclusion in the Trust.
If you believe in our values of Trust, Honesty, Respect, Compassion and Teamwork, then we would love to hear from you!
#TeamNottsHCJob descriptionJob responsibilities
Full Job description and Person Spec attached.
The post holder will provide support to the Head of Financial Services across a range of services within Financial Accounting and Financial Services to meet the requirements of the Trusts business.
To be responsible for providing sound financial accounting, charitable fund and cash services to meet the requirements of the Trusts financial duties. This role will manage and develop finance staff on a day-to-day basis to ensure that the financial services teams are providing efficient, high-quality and customer focused functions.Person SpecificationContractual RequirementsEssential
Qualifications - Academic / Craft / ProfessionalEssential
- oA full UK driving licence and vehicle for business use is required for this post however reasonable adjustments will be made for disabled individuals in line with the Equality Act 2010.
- oProfessional accountancy qualification CCAB with significant post qualification knowledge, expertise and experience in financial services, systems and staff management
Values and BehavioursEssential
- oEducated to degree level or equivalent
- oAll colleagues are expected to demonstrate that they act in line with Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust Values: Trust Honesty Respect Compassion Teamwork oAll colleagues are expected to demonstrate an understanding of and commitment to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) and how it applies to their role. The Trust's expectations are highlighted within our EDI Policy, and associated EDI and Human Rights legislation
- oEvidence of ongoing Personal Development including demonstrated compliance with accountancy bodies CPD
- oUnderstanding of developing best practice in the NHS within the UK nations and of management and leadership best practice developments. oKeeps self-informed through local and national networks e.g. SDN, HFMA and One NHS Finance oMember of the HFMA
- oEvidence of Financial Accounting in a large organisation oExperience in delivering within challenging financial situations oDemonstrable track record of career advancement and achievement
- oUnderstanding of developing best practice in the NHS within the UK nations and of management and leadership best practice developments. oKeeps self-informed through local and national networks
- oSignificant knowledge of the NHS finance regime and experience of applying this to own organisations finance systems and procedures. oAbility to rapidly develop understanding of existing and new systems and processes in order to determine best practice oExperience of effectively managing and developing staff. oAn understanding of current accounting standards and principles (IFRS)
- oExperience of using McKeowns Integra General Ledger oCrystal reporting oExperience of Charity Accounting requirements oKnowledge and expertise of accounting under the Department of Health & Social Care (DHSC) Group Accounting Manual (GAM) oExpertise of accounting and financial operations of a large NHS provider
- oAbility to problem solve and find solutions oAbility to communicate at a high level internally & externally oPossess numerical and analytical skills and have the ability to assimilate and interpret data to make resultant judgements oAble to lead and motivate a team oAbility to work under pressure and meet changing deadlines oExcellent IT skills oExcellent written & report writing skills & have the ability to convey complex financial issues to non-Finance Managers oTeaching Skills for training non finance managers oPossess excellent negotiating & influencing skills oAbility to work on own initiative but integrate within the team oAble to keep abreast of developments in the Trust and the wider NHS that may impact on the department oCalm, focused, confident approach. oMotivated & enthusiastic, able to inspire others oReliable & conscientious
Employer detailsEmployer name
- oAbility to interpret guidance and identify options available oAbility to identify innovative and effective solutions taking account of the latest best practice and other guidance to the ensure the best outcome for the Trust
Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Foundation TrustAddress
NHCT Coal Authority Building
200 Lichfield Lane
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.