Are you a newly qualifies or experienced Occupational Therapist looking for a challenge? Are you looking for a completely unique role which will allow you to work from home and across East Berkshires care homes?
We here at BHFT are looking for an Occupational Therapist to work within the Care Home Support Service as part of our exciting Ageing Well Programme. This unique role will allow you to work on a Monday to Friday basis between normal office hours, using your clinical expertise to train and develop nursing home staff across East Berkshire. Unlike your normal clinical role, you will be working from home and taking occasional visits to nursing homes across East Berkshire to deliver in person training.
You will have direct contact with the CCG, Care Homes and Local Authorities to ensure that our care home staff are delivering an enhanced and top tier service to its residents.
Over the last year our Ageing Well programme has proved to be such as success that we are now looking to expand our team and would love to receive an application from you if you feel you meet the expected criteria.Main duties of the job
The must haves for you to be considered for this role:
- To work in partnership with care homes to develop pro-active training/educating advisory service that aims to improve the health, well-being, and independence of all care home residents.
- Identify the specific skills and training requirements for each care home and deliver and record a tailored training programme to include a train the trainer option
- Attend and contribute to clinical/care homes MDT and cluster meetings where appropriate.
- Share expert knowledge and skills with the care homes to enhance their skills.
- Continue working alongside local authorities to support those homes rated red or amber and those with residents who have frequent hospital admissions.
- Signpost and support with making direct referrals on to other community services or professions as required
1.Registered Occupational Therapist
2.Experience in educating and mentoring others
3.Strong communication and people skillsAbout us
For our people who work here that means we want Berkshire Healthcare to be a great place to work where everyone can thrive and grow. Some of the benefits of joining our team:
Job descriptionJob responsibilitiesPlease see attached job description for more information about this role and working at Berkshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust.Person SpecificationEducation/Qualifications/TrainingEssential
- Salary ranging from �37,162-�44,629 per annum (incl of HCAS)
- Flexible working opportunities and a strong emphasis on your work, life balance
- Annual leave - 27 days for new starters, plus bank holidays. Increasing to 29 days after 5 years and 33 days after 10 years NHS service. Pro rata for part time staff
- Excellent learning and development opportunities
- Salary sacrifice scheme for a new car
- Generous maternity, paternity and adoption leave for eligible staff
- Advanced IT enablement and support
- Confidential telephone care service providing independent support and advice for staff.
- And so much more
- Occupational Therapy
- Registration with Health Professions Council
- Post-graduate courses
- Evidence of relevant post registration CPD
- Training in the equipment needs of older people.
Continuous Professional DevelopmentEssential
- Relevant courses in postural management and use of relevant equipment
.Knowledge, Skills & AbilitiesEssential
- Willingness to undertake further training and development
- Evidence of on-going professional development
- Demonstrate good organisational and prioritisation skills and ability to work under pressure
- Ability to effectively delegate activities to appropriate staff
- Competent with IT skills
- Ability to translate best practice evidence and national policy into practice
- Knowledge of current Health / Social Care legislation, i.e. National Serviced Frameworks
- Ability to travel to multiple sites efficiently
- Full UK driving licence
- The daily use of a car
- Post registration experience
- Specialist knowledge acquired through training or working with older people with complex health needs
- Experience of working in a multi-disciplinary team and multi-agency environment
Knowledge, Skills & AbilitiesEssential
- Experience of working with care homes
- Experience of working with patients with a postural deviation
- Experience of teaching others
- Evidence of participating in clinical audits in the workplace.
Knowledge, Skills & AbilitiesEssential
- Knowledge of resource management
- Knowledge and understanding of adult protection issues
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills with an empathetic manner
- Ability to effectively negotiate on patient management
Berkshire Healthcare Foundation TrustAddress
Care Home Support Service
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.