***Band 5 Adult Staff Nurses opportunities - join St George's Hospital - Open Day Saturday 23-July 2022***
We are holding an Open Day for Band 5 Adult Staff Nurses on Saturday, 23rd July 2022registration at 9.30am
. Whether you are about to Qualify, Newly Qualified or an experienced Staff Nurse , we want to meet you - and we have great opportunities.Main duties of the job
Your nursing career - your choice!
Join the NHS in your first permanent Band 5 Adult Registered Nurse
role in one of hundreds of teams across nine hospitals, community and specialist clinical services serving millions of people in South West London and beyond.
Choose St Georges NHS Trust and join a team that suits you best! You can be interviewed online - and start your new role if successful - on dates to suit you!
With more than 200 different clinical services and specialties, 22,000+ staff - and serving four million+ people across London and further afield - we offer an easy, quick route into the widest range of opportunities for Newly-Qualified Nurses and final year nursing students.
Please do get in touch. We'd love to tell you more about what's on offer including:
- Flexible start date to suit your needs
- Unrivalled learning and development - support from day one with dedicated preceptors, mentors, clear Band 5 NQN career and skills pathways and comprehensive clinical and leadership training opportunities
- Choice of great locations, from vibrant, diverse London boroughs to green outer London and Surrey - all within easy public transport reach of the city centre
- Unique opportunities to gain the experience you want - choose from national and world-leading specialist services, every ward and specialty you can imagine, even NQN community roles - with flexibility to move between Trusts and services via rotation and future roles
- Support settling in, from finding accommodation to ensuring your role is right for you - and offering different options if you wish
- The unique environment of busy, dynamic London NHS Trusts - working with world-leading clinicians, supportive nursing teams, benefiting from the best teaching hospitals and universities, adopting the latest digital clinical technology - and serving uniquely diverse communities.
With major nine hospital sites, more than 22,000 staff, and serving around four million people with our core and specialist services, the four South West London Acute NHS Trusts offer a quick, 'one stop shop' route to a huge range of opportunities.
Enjoy living in great locations across London and its outskirts - all within short journeys of your work. Whether it's support finding accommodation, the friendliest of welcomes from committed nursing teams, and even the chance to move between roles and Trusts if your first Band 5 role isn't quite what you want - we're flexible and dedicated to giving you the best start in your nursing career.
We have many opportunities available, including neurosciences, cardiology and acute medicine - please see enclosed list of specialities.
PLEASE SPECIFY YOUR PREFERRED SPECIALTY ON YOUR APPLICATION FORM.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please see the attached supporting document which contains more and person specification information about the role.
What to expect on the day:
Have your interview on the day
- Talk to fellow nurses who have progressed and enjoy their working lives at St George's Hospital
- Meet our Senior Nurses and find out why helping Band 5 Staff nurses settle and develop their skills and experience here means so much to them.
- Tour the site and find out about our different specialties, services and wards
If you would like to be interviewed on the day, you will be informed of the outcome of your interview on the day. Successful applicants will receive their conditional job offer within 72 hours. We look forward to meeting you on Saturday 23rd July.
https://www.eventbrite.com/e/st-georges-hospital-open-day-band-5-staff-nurses-saturday-23rd-july-2022-tickets-368422460497Person SpecificationQualifications and TrainingEssential
- Qualifications and Training
Education & ResearchEssential
- Ability to effectively prioritise workload and patient care needs.
- Demonstrates an understanding of managing resources
- Demonstrates an understanding of clinical risk
- Demonstrates an understanding of the importance of research and evidence based practice
- Understands the importance of developing self and others
General & PersonalEssential
- Demonstrates an understanding of audit
- Ability to take on small research or audit project.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Motivated and demonstrates an enthusiasm for the speciality
- Demonstrates a caring and sensitive approach to patient care
St George's Healthcare NHS Foundation TrustAddress
St George's Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.