We have an exciting opportunity for a General Adult Consultant Psychiatrist to join our Coastal West Sussex Care Delivery Service. This post is based at the Assessment and Treatment service at Pepperville House, Littlehampton, West Sussex.
This job attracts aRecruitment and Retention payment of �25,000,
in addition to(up to) �8000 relocation allowance.
The RRP payment is paid in the following instalments:
- �5000 payment paid on appointment
- �5000 retention payment paid at 12 month anniversary of employment
- �6500 retention payment paid at 30 month anniversary of employment
- �8500 retention payment paid at 48 month anniversary of employment
The Recruitment and Retention payment is pro rata for part time employees. If you would like further information, or to know the full terms of the Recruitment and Retention Payment and/or the Relocation Allowance, then please do not hesitate to contact our Medical Staffing Team - email@example.com
To find out more about what we offer please take a look at our careers portal:https://careers.sussexpartnership.nhs.uk/Main duties of the job
The role of the post holder in the ATS team will be to see new assessments, providing detailed assessments, formulation and risk assessments, to develop management plans and review these in an outpatient setting.
The post holder will be expected to review patients already known to the ATS as required, during their journey through the ATS system. The post holder will direct these patient's treatment.
The post holder will liaise with local primary care services and provide advice and guidance. They will provide supervision of junior medical staff and provide advice to other members of the team including the duty worker. They will provide senior clinical leadership to the ATS.
The post holder will be expected to provide medical leadership in the development of the team and wider working age services, in line with the CDS and Trust goals, in order to provide high quality mental health care for patients.
On appointment you will have the opportunity to join the Trust wide consultant network as well as having access to peer support from colleagues here in West Sussex.
The Trust benefits from a thriving Sussex-wide psychiatry training scheme where Health Education Kent, Surrey and Sussex provide foundation, GP, core and higher trainees.About us
At Sussex Partnership we are committed to providing opportunities forflexible working
. If you would like to work differently or different hours to as advertised, please get in touch to discuss this in more detail.
If you haven't thought about living inWest Sussex
before then you should consider the following:
Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- Journey from the coast to the countryside in minutes
- Enjoy a lifestyle where there are renowned cycle routes and picturesque walks, including the famous South Downs Way in the South Downs National Park!
- Embrace taking time to discover all the miles of scenic coastline, including West Wittering beach and Selsey.
- Easy access to airports - Gatwick and Heathrow are both within 90 minutes of the county, providing links to Europe and beyond
- Brighton and Hove or London are within easy reach via local and national bus routes and national mainline stations
Please review the Job Description and Person Specification for full details of the role.
This role can also support any interest in research, development, medical education or special interests that you may have. We strongly believe in creating roles that provide a service but also give you the opportunity to develop your own areas of special interest.
There is only so much we can say to you in an advert, so would love to speak to you about this role in more detail.Person SpecificationEssential and desirableEssential
- Entry onto the specialist register currently or within 6 months
- Ac status or achievable within 3 months
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent clinical skills using biopsychosocial perspective and wider medical knowledge
- s12 approval
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Experience of clinical research/service evaluation
- Evidence of experience in education, research, audit
Sussex Partnership NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.