This full time permanent position is within a fast paced team working on complex tenders and leading a team to deliver category plans and savings. It is an exciting opportunity for a highly literate and public procurement-competent individual to support the delivery of a significant programme of change within the Estates, Facilities and EME categories.
You will relish the opportunity to assist in the delivery of Frimley Health's strategic category management programme, be responsible for the delivery of a specific strategic sourcing programme within Estates & Facilities and the EME categories with an ambitious cost improvement programme at our 3 hospital sites.
The role is based at Archipelago in Frimley (approx. 10 minute walk to Frimley Park Hospital) a
Office presence is required but a mix of in person and remote working is available.Main duties of the job
You will be responsible for managing large procurement projects in conjunction with our clinical and non-clinical departments. You will work to identify and manage procurements that deliver savings whilst ensuring a high level of patient care. You'll also use your up-to-date knowledge to provide day to day information and advice on procurement processes, protocols and policy to key end users within the Trust as well as providing an invaluable contribution to the project team meetings on an on-going basis. The role offers real potential to put your purchasing and project management expertise and experience into practice and gain the satisfaction of knowing that you have made a significant contribution towards the provision of high-quality care to our patients. Interested in this opportunity?About us
Frimley Health NHS Foundation Trust provides NHS hospital servicesforaround 900,000 people across Berkshire, Hampshire, Surrey and south Buckinghamshire.
As well as delivering excellent general hospital services to local people, we provide specialist heart attack, vascular, stroke, spinal, cystic fibrosis and plastic surgery services across a much wider area.
We have three main hospitals - Frimley Park in Frimley near Camberley, Heatherwood in Ascot and Wexham Park near Slough.
Our threecore values, and the behaviours that support them, guide everything we do and set out what we expect of our staff in the way they treat patients, visitors, service users and each other,Committed to Excellence,WorkingTogether and Facing the Future.
We are also proud to host the Defence Medical Group South East at Frimley Park with military surgical, medical and nursing personnelworkingalongside the hospital's NHS staff providing care to patients in all specialtiesJob descriptionJob responsibilities
Some of the main job responsibilities are:
- Delivery strategic procurement initiatives
- Efficient and effective delivery of procurement services
- Maximise value for money opportunities through process improvement and total cost of ownership modelling
- Develop, manage and report on an agreed work and savings plans
- Comply with all relevant procurement legislation
- Act as the subject matter expert within category, leading by example
- Solve complex problems
- Lead a team of category and buying staff
Please see the attached job description and person specification for more details, if you have any queries regarding any part of this position please contact us.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Member of CIPS or equivalent
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Evidence of CPD
- Evidence of CPD related to purchasing and supply chain management
- Project management (PRINCE 2 or equivalent)
- An appropriate professional and/ or management qualification
- Significant experience of Category Management role
- Experience of public sector regulations
- Evidence of achievements in terms of savings / service improvements
- Evidence of ability to plan, develop and implement initiatives without direct supervision
- Demonstrable experience of negotiation skills, strategic sourcing, contract law and dispute resolution, data analysis skills and market knowledge
- Experience in people management
- Experience of working with senior staff and clinicians
- Experience of working with the NHS Terms and Conditions of Supply
- Experience of applying principles of change management
- Knowledge of relevant category products, services and markets
- Ability to effectively manage and successfully deliver a number of projects of varying complexities with competing timescales
- Able to work on a number of projects or pieces of work simultaneously and deliver to agreed deadlines, despite likely conflicting pressures from various stakeholders
- Ability and willingness to take decisions and take accountability in own role
- Demonstrable advanced IT skills including specialist software for contract management, e-tendering, mathematical, logical formulas and to generate accurate charts/graphs
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Working knowledge of Bravo e-Tendering
- Ability to work autonomously with credibility at a senior level of the organisation
- Developed knowledge of Microsoft products and able to use initiative and knowledge of these products to suggest and implement process improvements
Frimley Health NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Archipelago, Building 1
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.