An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Occupational Therapist with a passion for Specialist Medicine including renal frailty at Hammersmith Hospital. You will be the senior therapist within the Specialist Medicine team collaboratively working as part of the integrated Physiotherapy and Occupational Therapy team.
We are looking for dynamic, forward thinking and passionate therapist with excellent leadership, communication skills and advanced clinical skills, to join the team and deliver high quality, timely care. You will possess the ability to remain calm and professional under pressure. It is important that the successful applicant is a team player with a positive outlook, enthusiasm and ability to learn and develop new skills.Main duties of the job
You must be able to demonstrate sound knowledge and experience in specialist medicine including renal frailty, possess highly specialist assessment, treatment and risk management skills. The ability to work autonomously, but also well within a multi-disciplinary team is essential, as is the ability to promote the role of Therapies and the implementation of evidence-based practice. In addition to the clinical caseload, the post holder will have the opportunity to play a key part in the development of the Therapy service and the team.
You will be supported by an assigned clinical supervisor and MDT with your clinical and professional development. We actively support continuing personal and professional development through an established performance development review (PDR) system, in-service training and external courses.About us
At Imperial College Healthcare you can achieve extraordinary things with extraordinary people, working with leading clinicians pushing boundaries in patient care. Become part of a vibrant team living our values - expert, kind, collaborative and aspirational. You'll get an experience like no other and will fast forward your career.
Benefits include career development, flexible working and wellbeing, staff recognition scheme. Make use of optional benefits including Cycle to work, car lease schemes, season ticket loan or membership options for onsite leisure facilities.
We are committed to equal opportunities and improving the working lives of our staff and will consider applications to work flexibly, part-time or job share.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
For further details, please contact:
Madeleine Nicholls on 07825 023 142 or email firstname.lastname@example.orgPerson SpecificationEducation/QualificationsEssential
- HCPC Registration
- Degree/diploma in Occupational Therapy
- Practice placement educator training
- Member of relevant specialist interest professional development group
- Management skills or leadership training
- Extensive experience in the acute hospital setting including any relevant experience in acute specialist medicine
- Significant relevant, recent clinical experience in the management of unwell patients in acute medicine in an acute setting
- Experience in providing OT interventions for patients with respiratory needs
- Experience of leading on service development/ QI projects
- Previous Band 7 Experience in relevant area
- Clinical research experience
- Advanced evidence based knowledge of assessment and treatment approaches for the effective management of medical presentations and conditions, and with special interest in treating Renal disorders such as Renal failures, transplants and dialysis
- Advanced knowledge of medical clinical diagnostic parameters and clinically reason appropriateness of patient for therapy intervention
- Positive risk taking within the acute discharge planning process
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Advanced computer skills for presentation and data analysis
- Negotiation and conflict resolution skills
Imperial College Healthcare NHS TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.