This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Manager
to lead a team that delivers empathy and compassion to our service users and their families.
The post holder will gain full operational insight into the care of the deceased, ensuring the delivery of the National Human Tissue Authority standards.
The post holder will be responsible for the day-to-day operational management of the Mortuary and Patient Affair services within the Core Clinical Services Division. The post holder will line manage the administrative staff in the Patient Affairs team and provide operational support to the Lead Anatomical Pathology Technician (APT) at both Southmead, North Bristol NHS Trust and St Michael's, University Hospital Bristol Weston NHS Trust. The post holder will be required to have existing staff management experience and skills, and an extensive background in administrative processes and procedures.
In return the post holder will be supported to develop their management skills in an innovative and diverse division. The post holder will develop experience working collaboratively with partners across the community of Bristol, North Somerset and South Gloucestershire (BNSSG).Main duties of the job
The post holder will have an understanding of NHS organisational services and the Human Tissue Act, working with the Designated Individual (DI) and the Lead APT to ensure all licensed activity is carried out in accordance with the Human Tissue Authority (HTA) codes of practice. The post holder will ensure that any nonconformances, incidents or issues arising are reported to the Lead APT in a timely manner.About us
NBT Cares. It's a very simple statement one which epitomises how everybody across our organisation goes the extra mile to ensure our patients get the best possible care.
NBT Cares is also an acronym, standing for caring, ambitious, r e spectful and supportive - our organisational values.
And our NBT Cares values are underpinned by our positive behaviours framework - a framework that provides clear guidance on how colleagues can work with one another in a constructive and supportive way.Job descriptionJob responsibilitiesStaff Management
Operational and Performance Management
- To manage the attendance and absence of Mortuary and Patient Affairs Team, including but not limited to return to work meetings, sickness absence and stage of sickness management, occupational health referrals.
- To work closely with the Lead ATP to ensure appropriate monitoring of staff retention and appropriate training, appraisal, and development objectives.
- Support the Lead ATP and Deputy Divisional Operations Director to maintain a clear strategic direction for the Mortuary and Patient Affairs service that is consistent with the Patient First Priorities of the Division and Trust.
- Ensure high quality care of the deceased patient and the bereaved (clinical and non-clinical) through the development of effective teamwork.
- Develop collaborative partnerships with other members of the BNSGGs after death working group, Chaplains, Medical Examiner Officers, and other members of the Multidisciplinary Teams.
- Work in partnership / collaboration with other divisions, specialties, and corporate services.
Risk Management/Clinical Governance
- Support the Lead ATP and Deputy Divisional Operations Director to ensure that the department conforms to risk management /quality management / clinical governance management processes within the Trust
- Achieved essential criteria of education / training
- Achieved essential criteria of experience
- Achieved essential criteria of knowledge / skills
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Experience of working within a mortuary environment
- Experience of working to HTA guidelines
North Bristol NHS TrustAddress
Southmead NBT & St Micheal's UHBW
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.