Outstanding Patient Experience is our number 1 goal at NBT - if this is something you are passionate about providing, please consider joining our team!
We want our nurses to make a real difference to patients in our Burns and Plastics Surgery team. Here are some of the reasons why our team is unique:
- We are a regional burns unit and the major trauma centre for plastic and reconstructive surgery for the Southwest of England. Our plastic reconstruction team is recognised as one of the best in the country.
- We offer opportunities to work in our ward-based adults burns clinic with future opportunities to run the clinic.
- We are proud of the learning opportunities available within our department, which includes ward and Trust based in house teaching.
We currently have opportunities available for:
Main duties of the job
- Experienced Registered Nurses with current NMC Registration
- Newly Qualified and Newly Qualifying Nurses, ready to take the leap from theory to the clinical setting.
Our department is a busy 28 bedded Burns and Plastic Surgery ward, with 20 en-suite rooms and 2 four bedded bays along with an Adult Burns Clinic run on the ward. Your day will include:
- Working with patients who have undergone emergency or elective reconstructive surgery for trauma related injuries, cancer, burns and other minor/major injuries
- Being responsible for coordinating and providing complete care to allocated patients and work as part of the team
- Participating in or carrying out small to complex dressing changes in wound management
- Working closely with members of the multidisciplinary team, including Therapists and Psychologists, Doctors, and speciality Nurses
- Being actively involved in your own development and supporting junior members of the team in their development
- Supporting our patients and their families on their journey during their stay
- Working in the Adult Burns clinic
North Bristol NHS Trust employs over 12,000 staff providing healthcare to the residents of Bristol, South Gloucestershire and North Somerset from our award-winning hospital building at Southmead. We are the regional Major Trauma Centre, and an internationally recognised centre of excellence in a range of services and major specialities. Our vision is that by enabling our teams to be the best that they can be, we will provide exceptional healthcare, personally delivered.
We commit to treating each patient as an individual with respect and dignity, aiming to deliver excellent clinical outcomes and a first-class experience for everyone who uses our services.
North Bristol NHS Trust values all people as individuals. We aim to be an anti-discriminatory organisation and are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We welcome applicants from all underrepresented groups.
NBT Cares is the focal point for our new Values. CARES stands for Caring, Ambitious, Respectful and Supportive.
Caring - because it underpins everything we do for our patients and the way we care for one another
Ambitious - because it signals that we always want to improve what we do on behalf of our patients and one another
Respectful - because every individual has an important role to play
Supportive - because we're a team and deliver togetherJob descriptionJob responsibilities North Bristol NHS Trust currently recruits overseas Nursing staff through an NHS Trust Supplier and we adhere to the NHSE Code of Practice in relation to applicants from Red List countries. We are therefore unable to accept any direct applications from candidates who are not already based in the UK. For a full overview of the Job Description, please refer to the PDF Job Description attached as an additional document to this advert. Knowledge, Training Experience and Skills Required
Main Duties and Responsibilities (In addition to the duties listed earlier in the advert):
- Registered nurse with current NMC licence to practice.
- Evidence of continued professional development i.e. a professional portfolio and participation in appraisal and development review.
- To have achieved a recognised teaching & assessing qualification.
- Completion of training for additional clinical skills required in the ward/department i.e. IV drug administration/cannulation & venepuncture/male catheterisation/training to monitor and change syringes for epidural & PCA syringe drivers. ECG training.
- Green card training for the use of pumps or machinery relevant to the ward or department.
- Evidence of attendance at mandatory training appropriate to the role.
- Competence in the use of computers and electronic communication systems or expectation to develop existing skills further as the needs of the service dictate.
- Evidence of an ability to critically appraise and utilise research to maintain and improve patient care.
- Sound knowledge of health promotion issues to ensure junior staff, patients and carers are provided with education, support and advice as required.
- Evidence of experience and knowledge of the importance of resource management including protocols for staff utilisation, equipment and products for clinical care
- Organise and participate in the delivery of high standards of evidence-based nursing care.
- Take regular responsibility to carry out required planned, direct patient care to a high standard without direct supervision in accordance with established nursing procedures and policies.
- To report to the appropriate members of the multidisciplinary team any significant changes in a patients condition or situation.
- Responsible for taking charge of the ward/department on a regular basis in the absence of the person who has continuing responsibility.
- Take personal responsibility as a team leader for the delivery of care of patients in a defined area.
- To contribute towards health promotion for all patients by providing education, support and advice, as necessary.
- Ensure referral to appropriate professionals or agencies as required.
- Band 5 qualification
- Current UK NMC registration
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Venepuncture and cannulation skills. Willing to undertake training for the different IV therapies given.
North Bristol NHS TrustAddress
Southmead Hospital. Brunel Building
Westbury on Trym
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.