Our Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Lead will oversee a project funded by Health Education England which aims to widen access to our Children and Young People's (CYP) MH training programmes and to ensure that our training programmes provide an inclusive and supportive culture for all. In this key role you will build on work already started to identify areas of development across recruitment and access, curriculum development, student experience and training culture. You will be joining a team that are passionate and committed to making meaningful change. The role will be multifaceted and will involve close working with PTTC internal staff as well as external stakeholders and service partners. It will also be vital to build relationships with local communities. This fantastic opportunity is as a direct result of our commitment to our challenging EDI agenda. You will be joining an organisation that is completely committed to being anti racist, inclusive and diverse and you will play a vital role in the delivery of the strategic and operational EDI programme of work.
You will be an expert in the EDI field in terms of knowledge and application, able to offer a fresh perspective and a strong commitment to our EDI ambitions and commitments. We will ask you to provide visible leadership for equality, diversity and inclusion and to champion our commitment to celebrate diversity, challenge inequity and build an inclusive environment for every member of our community.Main duties of the job
You will need to have significant evidence of recent experience of supporting and ensuring deliver of Equality, Diversity and Inclusion goals in a complex organisation.
You must be an organised and proactive individual with an ability and experience to coordinate projects effectively and deliver them to conclusion in a timely manner.
You will be passionate about providing the best possible experience for colleagues, students and services and will play a key part in helping them to resolve the challenges they may face around Equality, Diversity and Inclusion.
The postholder will work key stakeholders - Director of CYP Programmes, Senior Management Team, CYP Programme Leads and programme staff, students, partnership services (including colleges and schools), GMMH leads within the advancing equality and inclusion strategy, relevant community groups and training commissioners. The post will entail the delivery of information, training, and support to other PTTC staff, and communicating EDI best practice both within and externally to the Training Centre. The postholder will liaise with local and national equality diversity and inclusion leads in psychological therapy training settings to share best practice and highlight areas of learning for the team.
The postholder will be based at our Prestwich site with some travel to external meetings required. We are open to a hybrid working model and happy to discuss a range of flexible working options and reasonable adjustments.About us
Greater Manchester Mental Health (GMMH) Foundation Trust employs over6,400
members of staff, who deliver services from more than160
We provide inpatient and community-based mental health care for people living in Bolton, the city of Manchester, Salford,Trafford and the borough of Wigan, and a wide range of specialist mental health and substance misuse services across Greater Manchester, the north west of England and beyond.
Greater Manchester is one of the world's most innovative, original and exciting places to live and work. From the beauty of the surrounding countryside to the heart of the vibrant inner city with great shopping, entertainment and dining options.
Wherever you go you will experience a great northern welcome with people famed for their warmth, humour and generosity.
Our people enjoy their work, have opportunities to learn and develop their skills and are encouraged to generate new ideas that improve care for our service users.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please see full Job description and Person Specification attached to this vacancy. Staff benefits
- Pay Enhancements 43% additional for Evenings (8pm onwards) and Saturdays and 85% additional for Sundays and Bank holidays.
- 27 days annual leave plus bank holidays rising to 29 after 5 years and 33 days after 10 years
- Excellent pension
- Cycle to work scheme
- Salary sacrifice car scheme
- Wellbeing programme
- Blue Light Card Discounts
- Experience of leading teams and delivering equality, diversity, and inclusion or health inequalities related projects in a complex organisation which has multiple organisational structures and stakeholders.
- Experience of developing and delivering EDI training and development activities to a range of stakeholders.
- Experience of supporting leaders, staff teams and organisations to reflect and consider the role of structural inequalities or inherent organisational and individual biases.
- Experience of collecting and interpreting local EDI data to inform intelligent insights, making recommendations, and influencing decisions.
- Experience of leading EDI projects in a HEI/training context
- Experience of leading EDI projects in a CYP MH Setting
- To have and in-depth knowledge of EDI legalisation and policy to include expert knowledge of the Equality act (2010) Public Sector Equality Duties (PSED).
- Knowledge of co-production and peer support in service delivery.
- Awareness of barriers which marginalised groups encounter when attempting to access MH services and MH training opportunities.
- A commitment to advancing equality, diversity, and inclusion within an educational and CYP MH setting.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Educated to degree level or equivalent of a relevant subject area Or equivalent relevant experience which demonstrates how specialist knowledge in policy interpretation, development, and implementation has been gained and applied.
- A formal qualification in project management. Or equivalent relevant experience managing projects in a complex organisation which has multiple organisational structures and stakeholders.
Greater Manchester Mental Health NHSFTAddress
Psychological Therapies Training Centre
Prestwich Hospital,. Bury New Road
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.