We are looking for an experienced and highly motivated senior transformation manager to help us realise our system vision for discharge. This exciting opportunity will be key in helping drive the systemwide transformation needed around discharge across all key partners within the Nottinghamshire ICS.
The post is focussed on
- Improving collaboration and information sharing across health and social care services
- Building on existing plans including those based on recommendations from the Local Government Association Review and Nottinghamshire Discharge Assurance Plan
- Supporting the development and implementation of joint outcomes, quality assurance and training frameworks, a single access point and shared electronic scheduling system.
The intended impact of this work is to speed up the discharge process by simplifying the current fragmented referral process, as well as to make more effective use of all staffing resources across providers enabling more people to be supported home earlier.Main duties of the job
The role will be focussed on developing, leading and managing the Discharge Improvement programme across the Integrated Care System. This will be achieved by developing collaborative relationships with all system partners including the ICB, Local Authority, Acute Care Leads and Voluntary Community Sector Leads to integrate pathways of care.
We are looking for an exceptional individual who can embody the principles of compassionate leadership. You will be educated to Masters level or equivalent experience with a highly developed knowledge of service improvement theory and practice, and substantial experience of delivering change across a multitude of stakeholders.
The post holder will work within the System Discharge Team and will be accountable to the Integrated System Discharge Lead.
The post will be based at Duncan Macmillan House in Nottingham but regular travel to different bases across Nottinghamshire and Bassetlaw will be required.
A full UK driving licence and vehicle for business use is required for this post however reasonable adjustments will be made for disabled individuals in line with the Equality Act 2010.About us
Nottinghamshire Healthcare employs over 10,000 colleagues who help #MakeADifference every day. We provide intellectual disability, mental health, community health, forensic and offender healthcare services across Nottinghamshire, Leicestershire, Lincolnshire and South Yorkshire. Care is delivered from over 120 sites within the community from acute settings and across low, medium and high secure environments including prisons.
As one of the largest mental health and community trusts in the East Midlands and one of the biggest employers in Nottinghamshire. We are also home to national and regional services such as the National High Secure Deaf Service and the Nottingham Centre for Transgender Health.
We are committed to flexible and agile working, including the opportunity to join our bank.
Your health and wellbeing is our priority and as such we invest significantly in this via our in-house Occupational Health Service, Staff Counselling Service and Health and Wellbeing Team.
We offer a number of employee-led staff networks, including Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) groups, our Green Champions Network, Freedom to Speak Up Network. Health and Wellbeing Champions Network and Menopause Champions. We provide care to a diverse range of communities and are passionate about supporting diversity and inclusion in the Trust.
If you believe in our values of Trust, Honesty, Respect, Compassion and Teamwork, then we would love to hear from you!
#TeamNottsHCJob descriptionJob responsibilities
This role will be hosted by Nottinghamshire Healthcare Foundation Trust but will work alongside the system discharge team for all ICS providers to improve and streamline a wide range of areas in the discharge to assess agenda.
The Trust is the largest provider of mental health and community health services in Nottinghamshire and provides services locally, regionally and nationally, including forensic health services. We have an annual income of circa �460m and employ over 8,800 staff.
Duties will include the effective management and coordination of the system programme plan and supporting the organizational leads across the ICS to achieve successful delivery of the discharge improvement Plan and Nottinghamshires Integrated Care Systems local priorities. Developing collaborative relationships with ICS partners, including the ICB and other providers. Working closely with Acute, Social Care, Primary Care Leads and Voluntary Community Sector Leads to develop new pathways of care.
Key accountabilities for the role include, programme delivery, providing reports/information and developing escalation procedures, management of resources and stakeholder management. To undertake this role the successful candidate will need to have:
- Significant experience of managing people and services in either Health or Social Care settings
Person SpecificationQualifications -Essential
- Significant experience of leading and developing service change programmes
- Proven track record of successfully implementing service improvement and transformation at pace
- Experience of working across a range of organisations, preferably across the Health & Social Care economy.
- Educated to Masters degree level or equivalent experience
- Management or project management qualification or equivalent experience
- Continued professional development
- within Health and Social Care
- Significant experience of a management role in health and social care settings. Working at a Band 7 or above or equivalent relevant experience
- Experience of programme management and methodologies
- Experience of delivering service re-design clinical services, and experience of delivering change
- Experience of cross agency working, building relationships, and influence
- Experience of project management plans and documentation
- Experience of managing staff
Knowledge and skillsEssential
- Experience of commissioning or service delivery of mental health services in health and social care
- Change Management experience in the NHS or other public sector organisation
- Experience in Mental Health service delivery/commissioning
- Experience in service design and contract negotiation
- Experience of budgetary responsibility
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to develop relationships and manage conflict
- Ability to lead, negotiate, and quickly analyse complex issues
- Demonstrate a systematic approach to problem solving and decision making
- Develop and manage change processes
- Use of excellent verbal reasoning skills with the ability to convey complex, sensitive issues to large diverse audiences
- Ability to operate software packages such as Microsoft Office
Values and BehavioursEssential
- A driving licence/ use of a vehicle to travel between locations as a significant part of the role
- Required to undertake on call duties
- Need to manage conflicting priorities and interruptions to deal with service issues at short notice to respond to pressing demands
Employer detailsEmployer name
- All colleagues are expected to demonstrate that they act in line with Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust Values: Trust Honesty Respect Compassion Teamwork
- All colleagues are expected to demonstrate an understanding of and commitment to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) and how it applies to their role. The Trust's expectations are highlighted within our EDI Policy, and associated EDI and Human Rights legislation
Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Duncan Macmillan House
Porchester Road Nottingham
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.