An exciting opportunity has arisen for Band 5 Staff Nurses with the Integrated Mental Health Team at HMP Liverpool and Altcourse. We are a team that comprises of Psychiatry, Registered Mental Health Nurses, Registered Learning Disability Nurses, Clinical Psychology and Talking Therapy, Occupational Therapy and Social Work.
From the 1stNovember 2021 a Recruitment & Retention premia has been introduced to attract and retain qualified nurses within the Secure Care Division and further support our Grow Our Own Strategy.
For our registered Mental Health nurses across our offender health services, this post is offering a premia of �1200paMain duties of the job
As a Staff Nurse with the IMHT your role will comprise of mental health assessments, liaising with both internal and external agencies (such as prison/probation staff and CMHTs), upholding the values of Merseycare, demonstrating leadership and accountability, to engage effectively with the larger MDT and contribute toward patient's treatment plans. You will work across the prison assessing patients and formulating risk assessments. You will be an advocate for patients and your practice will be person-centred. You will aim to reduce the stigma of mental health issues and ensure that people who are experiencing mental health issues are overcoming barriers to healthcare and treatment.
The working day is 07:30-19:30 which includes early, late and main (10 hour) shifts. You will support patients going through crisis, make appropriate referrals and signpost to relevant pathways. Eligible applicants must have appropriate qualifications. We also welcome applicants in their final year of study.About us
Mersey Care is one of the largest trusts providing physical health and mental health services in the North West, serving more than 11 million people.
We offer specialist inpatient and community services that support physical and mental health and specialist inpatient mental health, learning disability, addiction and brain injury services. Mersey Care is one of only three trusts in the UK that offer high secure mental health facilities.
At the heart of all we do is our commitment to 'perfect care' - care that is safe, effective, positively experienced, timely, equitable and efficient. We support our staff to do the best job they can and work alongside service users, their families, and carers to design and develop future services together. We're currently delivering a programme of organisational and service transformation to significantly improve the quality of the services we provide and safely reduce cost as we do so.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
For full details of the job role and requirements please see the attached job description and personal specification.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Registered Mental Health or Learning Disability nurse, registered on the NMC register.
- Evidence of continued professional development
- Teaching & assessing / mentorship qualification
- Educational development courses in mental health
- Multi-disciplinary working
- NMC Code of Conduct
- Knowledge, understanding and use of the Care Programme Approach (CPA).Promotes people's equality, diversity and rights
- To ensure actions contribute to quality
- Knowledge and understanding of Mental Health Act legislation
- Knowledge of Service Governance
- Commitment to clinical supervision
- Knowledge of therapeutic boundaries
- Supervising others
- Post qualification experience in the mental health field
- Continuous Improvement
- High professional standards
- Responsive to service users
- Engaging leadership style
- Strong customer service belief
- Transparency and honesty
- Change oriented
- Effective communication skills (written & verbal)
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to manage difficult situations
- Able to assess, plan, implement & evaluate programmes of care
- Ability to carry out Personal Safety Training
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Good presentation skills
- Has led on initiatives to improve practice
Mersey Care NHS Foundation TrustAddress
HMP Liverpool and HMP Altcourse
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.