Rota Coordinator Band 5 �28,407 to �34,581 per annum pro rata Hours: 30 hours per week, all MKUH roles will be considered for flexible working
We have an exciting full-time opportunity for an experienced Rota Co-Ordinator and Administrator with a proven track record in delivering a high-quality service along with experience in medical staffing rota management. You will be flexible in approach, tenacious, a good team player and have an eye for detail. Working closely with clinicians, the divisional management team, finance, and medical staffing, you will give assurance that all forms of leave, rotas and agency and locum utilisation are appropriately managed and are cost effective. You will also be responsible for the line management of some of the administrative staff and provide support to the Operational Management Team.
The Women's and Paediatric department are fast paced, and no two days are the same. It is therefore essential that the successful candidate can work well under pressure, always maintaining a pleasant and professional attitude. You will hold excellent communication and inter-personal skills that enable you to liaise with the clinical teams. Experience in a Rota Coordinator role or a similar NHS role, with additional experience using Healthroster would be advantageous.
If you are considering an application you are encouraged to contact us for more information, please contact Jacky Palmer, Operations Manager 07802 828 849 email Jacky.email@example.comMain duties of the job
The aim of the role is to support the Operations Manager and the team within the Women and Children's CSU. The key element of the role will be the co-ordination of the medical rota on Healthroster for Paediatrics. The postholder will be required to work closely with Consultants and Junior Doctors to ensure adequate staffing levels are maintained and the services are not adversely impacted.
Additionally, the post holder will be involved with forward planning of services such as clinics, line management of administrative staff and participations in the W& C Bed Management rota.
The aim of the role is to implement, embed and maintain processes and control procedures to ensure that leave arrangements, rotas and agency and locum utilisation are effectively managed.About us
You can expect a warm welcome at Milton Keynes University Hospital, our staff are friendly and welcoming. We listen to each other and work together to embed our Trusts values and behaviours. At MKUH we appreciate our staff and reward them with an outstanding benefits package including:
- Free on-site parking
- Free tea and coffee
- Great flexible workingopportunities
- Discounted gym membership
- Lease car scheme
- Generous annual leave and pension scheme
- On site nursery (chargeable)
- Extensive staff health and well-being programme
Milton Keynes University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust, in partnership with the University of Buckingham, is a University Teaching Hospital we conduct research and teaching on site to improve the care of our patients. The hospital is undergoing significant investment, and we are proud to be rated good by the CQC. Visit our website to catch up on our latest news.Job descriptionJob responsibilitiesRota:
Agency and Locum Spend:
- Manage processes for capturing and recording annual, sick, study and professional leave.
- Establish forward looking clinical Rotas to clearly identify gaps and if possible, provide cover.
- Develop close working relationships with the CSU triumvirate to release clinicians to concentrate on service delivery.
- Ensure Rotas are updated daily and produced 8 weeks in advance.
- Monitoring and completion of Escalation Forms and MDO forms.
- Ensure that the processes for doctors joining/leaving the division are efficiently and effectively managed to shorten the period for which locums may be required.
- Manage the Medical Staff E-Leave Policy in collaboration with the CSU.
- Work with the CSU to ensure compliance with the Leave Policy.
- Maintain the escalation process for leave requests.
Validation and Bed Management:
- Manage and support directly reporting staff.
- Manage annual leave, mandatory training and undertake yearly appraisals.
Please refer to the Job Description for further detailsPerson SpecificationQualifications and knowledgeEssential
- Work closely with the Operational Manager and patient pathway team to validate the PTL and improve and maintain performance for the CSU.
- ECDL or equivalent
- Minimum of 5 GCSE's or equivalent experience
- Medical Rota's including Healthroster
- Experience of Leave Management
- Medical Staffing terms and conditions
- Previous NHS experience
- Managing Medical Rota's experience or equivalent
- Working knowledge of office computer applications
- Proven administration experience at a senior level
- Medical Staffing experience
- Experience of Doctor change over periods
Personal and people developmentEssential
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Ability to prioritise own workload
- Ability to adapt to fluctuating deadlines and workloads
- Ability to work in a structured methodical manner
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Flexible approach
- Evidence of Continuous Professional Development
- Ability to communicate effectively with all staff groups
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Able to perform the duties of the post with reasonable aids and adaptations
Milton Keynes University Hospital NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Admin Hub - Paediatrics (Dept)
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.