The post holder will have the opportunity, once embedded into the team, to work remotely and be provided with Trust equipment to carry out the role. Flexible working coordinated within the team and attractive holiday packages, with plenty of personal development options is available. It is a great opportunity to progress personal skills to further the talent of the team. Other incentives such as lease cars, a pension scheme, staff lottery and bike to work schemes are also available.Main duties of the job
Working with all departments and staff groups within three hospitals, the post holder will join a team of developers committed to providing bespoke software for both clinical and administrative applications to improve patient care and safety.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Building and launching web applications based on original artwork by the design team or independently
- Writing clean and well-structured code
- Talking to users and managing support requests
- Maintaining new and existing web applications
- Demonstrating a keen eye for detail and excellent standard
The successful candidate will be proficient in:
- HTML and CSS
- At least one server-side language (Intersystems Cache, Node.js, PHP or similar)
- SQL, database methodologies
- RESTful Web Services
- Responsive Design/Development Workflows
- Rigorous unit testing
The successful candidate will ideally have experience in:
- Object Databases (SQL)
- Integrating API's
- Interfacing systems
The successful candidate will be:
- Familiar with Agile development
- Highly motivated with the ability to pick up new skills quickly
- Confident and dynamic
- A team player
- Willing to undertake any training required to fulfil this role.
We're a large organisation with three hospitals located in Scunthorpe, Grimsby and Goole. We also provide community services in North Lincolnshire. Our 6,500 members of staff care for and support a population of more than 400,000 people.
We encourage all our staff to innovate and adopt 'best practice' so we can deliver excellent care to our patients. We ask staff to live our values kindness, courage and respect.
We are committed to recruiting the best people to work with us. You could be one of them.
To learn more about Northern Lincolnshire and Goole NHS Foundation Trust, and discover the unique benefits on offer to employees, view our latest videos, plus more, please visit our recruitment website at https://joinnlag.co.uk/
Should we receive a high volume of applications for this vacancy, the advert may be closed earlier than stated. To view a full job description and person specification please see attachments on this advert.
In line with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the Recruitment & Workforce team will use and hold your personal data for the intended purpose and in line with the Recruitment & Workforce Privacy Statement.
We are committed to safeguarding the welfare of children/vulnerable adults and expect the same commitment from all staff and volunteers.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
The post holder will be required to work independently, seeking advice as required from the WebV Systems Manager and Senior IT, being guided by Standard Operating Procedures, protocols, appropriate materials and to established performance criteria.
To work as part of a core support team to provide high quality, efficient IT service support for the Trust, including primarily the development/support for WebV Systems.
Although the post holder will be expected to work independently, organizing their own workload, teamwork is an essential part of the job. Individuals must be able to demonstrate effective communication skills.
We are committed to creating and maintaining a fair and supportive working environment and culture, where contributions are fully recognised and valued by all and staff feel empowered to carry out their duties to the best of their abilities. As employers we are committed to promoting and protecting the physical and mental health and well-being of all our staff. This underpins our values as set out in the NHS Constitution, supports us to be an Employer of Choice and ultimately enables our employees to support the effective care of our patients.
We strongly value the different perspectives and ideas a diverse workforce brings to deliver better outcomes for our patients. We welcome applications irrespective of peoples age, disability, sex, gender identity and gender expression, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, sexual orientation, or other personal circumstances.Person SpecificationEducation and QualificationsEssential
- Degree in related field or equivalent in work experience
- Intermediate software engineering (design patterns, best practices)
Occupational Experience and AbilitiesEssential
- Achieved 2:1 or above in degree
- Web application development related qualification (level 4 or higher)
- One or more relevant certifications
- Experience developing applications using a server-side programming language (such as Node.js, PHP or similar)
- Ability to work well in a team
- Strong communication skills
- Experience building REST APIs
- Experience using Git and Github
- 2 years of experience in a relevant role
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Experience working in an Agile team
- Experience working with relational databases
- Experience using development tools such as Webpack, Sass, Postman and others.
- 3 or more years of experience in a relevant role
Northern Lincolnshire and Goole NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Diana, Princess of Wales Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.