An exciting opportunity has arisen for a full time Mental Health Nurse to join our dedicated healthcare team to lead on and improve access to mental health care for young people with mild to moderate or stable severe mental health problems by delivering holistic assessment, and evidence-based care to clients within the context of a multi-disciplinary and multi-agency primary mental health service.
The successful candidate will contribute to and lead on the continuing improvement and development of Primary Mental Health Services for young people in the young persons unit at HMP & YOI Parc. Main duties of the job
To lead on and improve access to mental health care for young people with mild to moderate or stable severe mental health problems by delivering holistic assessment, and evidence-based care to clients within the context of a multi-disciplinary and multi-agency primary mental health service.
Take responsibility for a clinical caseload providing holistic assessment, care and treatment to clients referred to the Primary Mental Health Service.
Foster robust working relationships with all partners in particular GPs, Practice Nurses, other Primary Care Staff, Custodial Staff and third sector services.
Provision of support and advice to GPs and other primary care providers (such as practice nurses) to enable them to safely manage and care for children with mental health problems.
Contribute to and lead on the continuing improvement and development of Primary Mental Health Services for young people in HMP & YOI Parc
The ability to speak Welsh is desirable for this role Welsh and/or English speakers are equally welcome to apply.About us
Cwm Taf Morgannwg University Health Board is part of the NHS Wales family. Our Health Board provides primary, secondary and community health and wellbeing services to around 450,000 people living in three County Boroughs: Bridgend Merthyr Tydfil, and Rhondda Cynon Taf.
We live by our core values:
- We listen, learn and improve
- We treat everyone with respect
- We all work together as one team
We are a proud local employer around 80% of our 15000 workforce live within our region, making our staff not only our lifeblood of our organisation but of the diverse communities that we serve.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
You will be able to find a full Job description and Person Specification attached within the supporting documents or please click Apply now to view in TracPerson SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Registered RMN.
- Knowledge of the Mental Health Measure in Wales
- attendance at short courses or qualification in specialist area to postgraduate Diploma Level equivalency.
- Advanced assessment skills.
- Evidence of recent continuing practice development.
- Knowledge of mental health, and how this affects an individuals' day-to-day life.
- Knowledge and experience of delivering therapeutic interventions to enhance mental well-being
- Understanding of the process of promoting best practice and contributing to multi-disciplinary team working
- Post-registration clinical experience of working with young adults with mental health issues
- Experience of working in a multi-agency team
- Experience of working as an autonomous practitioner.
- Has worked in secure setting with looked after children.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Ability to communicate in Welsh.
Cwm Taf Morgannwg University Health BoardAddress
HMP & YOI Parc
Heol Hopcyn John
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.