Are you interested in a career with a first-class Ambulance Service?
The North East Ambulance Service (NEAS), recently rated excellent for our performance, is always looking to recruit people who can share our commitment to delivering high standards through ongoing training and development, whatever the role.
We have an opportunity for an IMT Systems Technical Engineer to join us on a permanent basis. You will be responsible for providing support to IMT related Projects and 3rd line technical support to end users with respect to a wide range of applications, solutions, and services.
Candidates should have a significant understanding of various IMT concepts, i.e., cloud, virtualisation, storage etc. and be familiar with various type of hardware, operating systems, Microsoft product families & technologies and server platforms.
Candidates should possess excellent communication, problem solving, and organisational qualities and be able to operate individually or as part of a team.
Minimum of Degree level education in relevant area or demonstrable equivalent experience.
Must hold a full UK driving licence.
For further information please contact email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. Previous applicants within the last 6 months need not apply.Main duties of the job
The post holder will be responsible for the production of complex technological solutions to support a wide range of requirements which staff from the Service Desk must be able to follow.
You will conduct reviews of complex technological documentation to help provide a wider departmental understanding of both implementations or incident resolution.
The workload for this role is split between Unplanned (Service Desk Incidents) and Planned (Substainable core infrastrucutre Developmental change to existing or introduction of new applications). Any item of Planned workload requires a logical, task driven approach to reach the goal. This requires interaction with subject matter experts across IMT, IMT management, and the wider organisation.
The right applicant will be responsible for performing in depth research of highly complex technical solutions to support any solution / service recommendation. Presentation of research is essential and will help form task driven activity.
You will manage the implementation of any new technological solution(s). This can be performed directly or by providing specific guidance / detailed instruction to resources at disposal, i.e. Service Desk staff or other Technical Engineers.
If successful you will continuously monitor and review the impact of any solutions once implemented and resolve and manage any specific issues that are identified during this process.About us
We employ 3,500 staff in 63 locations and serve a population of 2,600,000 in Northumberland, Tyne & Wear, County Durham, and Tees over 3230 square miles.
Many people think the job of the ambulance service is to collect patients and take them to hospital, but we do much more!
Paramedic skills have developed hugely in recent years, meaning we carry out more treatment at the scene and en-route to hospital.
We have a dedicated clinical assessment service that allows us to provide patients with the most appropriate care from the beginning of the patient journey.
We have a specialised branch of the Trust called HART which deal with explosions or terrorist attacks.
Ultimately patients are the heart of everything that we do to support our mission of safe, effective and responsive care for all.
We value and respect the diversity employees bring to our workplace. We recruit a workforce that reflects the community we serve, and welcome applications from people from all backgrounds. To ensure we deliver on our aims in relation to diversity and inclusion we assess ourselves against a range of frameworks. We are ENEI Gold employer, Disability Confident Leader, Dyslexia Smart Award employer, Dementia Friendly, and part of Mind Blue Light programme and the Race at Work Charter from the Princes Responsible Business Network and are achieving across all objectives in NHS Equality Delivery System.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please ensure you refer to the job description attached to this advert for full details and responsibilities for the role.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Degree, or equivalent level of knowledge in ICT.
- Working towards or achieved Microsoft Certified Professional certification or equivalent.
- Specific specialist in-depth technical Microsoft (Hyper-V, SQL, and Licensing) related qualifications / equivalent knowledge.
- Project Management Principles with respect to PRINCE2.
- Occasional travel across the Trust area with respect to programme delivery is required. The post holder must hold a full Driving License.
- Minimum 3 years of working in a support environment, at a 3rd line level.
- Experience in applying ITIL Problem, Change and Configuration Management (standard or equivalent) within a Service Desk environment.
- Significant experience of Microsoft Licensing.
- Research of highly complex technical solutions.
- Working with clinical and corporate systems.
Knowledge and SkillsEssential
- Experience of managing a small team of staff, specifically related to project activity or assignment of activity through formal Service Desk processes.
- Ability to identify potential compatibility risks and issues prior to technical implementation and ability to think through outcomes and consequences beforehand.
- Ability to work under pressure and to handle many different tasks at the same time.
- Enterprise storage technologies including SAN (specialist).
- Server & Desktop virtualisation technologies, specifically Microsoft Hyper-V, RDS and CITRIX (specialist).
- Ability to work effectively and professionally with a wide range of third-party suppliers.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Effective Team worker and leader with the ability to be flexible and make their own decisions and work on their own initiative often under considerable pressure.
- Excellent problem solver for customer service issues and accurately follow policies and procedures to support decision making.
- Required to act independently within appropriate guidelines, deciding when it is necessary to refer to their manager but with a certain degree of autonomy.
North East Ambulance Service NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Ambulance HQ, Bernicia House,
Goldcrest Way, Newburn Riverside,
Newcastle upon Tyne,
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.