Are you a Paramedic looking for a new adventure? We're offering tailored bespoke training plus 3 weeks familiarisation and relocation packages up to �4,000.
If you are requiring a BANK position only, please contact the recruitment team directly before applying.
Please indicate on your application form which Division/Base Locations would be your preferred choice of work. Please see the attached Application Guidance Notes for the cluster/station list.
We're committed to developing staff and support post-registration education like clinical decision making, minor injuries management, and research. We invest in your future and encourage progression to HART, Trauma, or Locality Manager and Advanced Paramedic the opportunities are endless.
We need you to have: HCPC registration and completed 2 year consolidation of learning programme in an ambulance Trust if first registered after 01/09/2016 and a valid driving license with C1 & declare penalty points
The North East is incredible, we have: Low cost living and shorter commute times. House prices here are 37% less than the UK average
Newcastle was awarded 'best city to bring up a family in the UK' and voted happiest city/best for quality of life and Lonely Planet described the North of the UK as most exciting, beautiful, friendly region in EnglandMain duties of the job
The post-holder is responsible for either working as a solo practitioner or as part of an ambulance crew for the assessment, care, treatment and transportation of emergency, urgent and routine calls providing advanced clinical interventions, including drug therapies at scene and may administer medication within PGD guidelines. Undertake emergency blue light driving and working in a variety of locations including ambulance/rapid response vehicle, patients homes, primary care settings and accident and emergency care departments.
In addition the post-holder will work with colleagues to provide effective clinical leadership, guidance and mentorship to other less experienced or clinically qualified colleagues to support the delivery of the highest quality of care out of hospital by competent practitioners.
Support the development of an integrated approach to patient care working with other primary and secondary care providers to maximise the number of patients treated locally and left at home.About us
We employ 3,500 staff in 63 locations and serve a population of 2,600,000 in Northumberland, Tyne & Wear, County Durham, and Tees over 3230 square miles.
Many people think the job of the ambulance service is to collect patients and take them to hospital, but we do much more!
Paramedic skills have developed hugely in recent years, meaning we carry out more treatment at the scene and en-route to hospital.
We have a dedicated clinical assessment service that allows us to provide patients with the most appropriate care from the beginning of the patient journey.
We have a specialised branch of the Trust called HART which deal with explosions or terrorist attacks.
Ultimately patients are the heart of everything that we do to support our mission of safe, effective and responsive care for all.
We value and respect the diversity employees bring to our workplace. We recruit a workforce that reflects the community we serve, and welcome applications from people from all backgrounds. To ensure we deliver on our aims in relation to diversity and inclusion we assess ourselves against a range of frameworks. We are ENEI Gold employer, Disability Confident Leader, Dyslexia Smart Award employer, Dementia Friendly, and part of Mind Blue Light programme and the Race at Work Charter from the Princes Responsible Business Network and are achieving across all objectives in NHS Equality Delivery System.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please ensure you take a look at the job description attached for full details of duties and responsibilities.Person SpecificationEDUCATION, QUALIFICATIONS AND TRAININGEssential
KEY SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND APTITUDEEssential
- HCPC Registered Paramedic
- Professional/clinical knowledge acquired through training and experience to degree/diploma level or equivalent e.g. Pre-Hospital Care or Health Studies or Paramedic qualification. (proof of IHCD or equivalent qualifications must be provided).
- Completed two year consolidation of learning programme in an ambulance Trust if registered with the HCPC on or after 1st September 2016.
- Effective social skills gained from experience, dealing with the public.
- Previous Care work.
- Good verbal and written communication skills (must be able to complete relevant paperwork/on line accurately and legibly).
- Proven ability to handle sensitive situations professionally, assertively and tactfully.
- Ability to manage in stressful situations.
- Self disciplined and able to work on own initiative
- Able to work as part of a team.
- An understanding of and commitment to equal opportunities.
- Knowledge of Health & Safety Issues / Dynamic risk assessment.
- Licence must be current, valid in the UK, cover vehicles of categories C1, or provisional C1 with medical entitlement, (Must have held a full manual licence, for a minimum of 2 years).
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Must be prepared to undertake and successfully complete an emergency 'blue light' driver training course.
North East Ambulance Service NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Central Division / North Division / South Division
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.