We are looking for a band 6 Paediatric trained nurse to join our enthusiastic and friendly department and become part of our supportive family.
If you are a Registered Children's Nurse with a positive attitude to ensuring children receive the best possible care, we'd love to hear from you.
As a Junior Sister/Charge nurse you will be expected to regularly lead the shift and provide effective professional and managerial leadership to all staff in the absence of the Unit manager.
The post holder is expected to carry out all relevant forms of care, maintaining a high standard of nursing care within the framework of Trust policies.
This post offers the opportunity to develop your clinical, A& E and leadership skills in a friendly, fast paced, dynamic environment.
The post holder will be expected to work part of a 24/7 roster.
Please note that short-listed candidates are able to arrange an informal visit prior to interview on request.
Full-time and Part-time posts available.Main duties of the job
- Carry out those activities involved when conducting the comprehensive assessment of a child's nursing requirements.
- Undertake the essential nursing assessment of the child, taking into account all the activities of daily living.
- Undertake triage and relevant risk assessments in order to inform the care needs of the child.
- Recognise the significance of the observations made and use these to develop an initial nursing assessment.
- Devise a plan of care, based on the nursing assessment, taking into account the medical prescription. Do this with the co-operation of the parent/guardian and the child, within the limitations set by their stage of development and medical condition.
- Review the effectiveness of the care provided, and where appropriate, initiates any action that may be required.
Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- Listen to why colleagues think we are a great place to work! -https://bit.ly/3DNEQfD
What does Buckinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust offer you?
- As part of our BHT family, you'll benefit from learning and development opportunities to support your career progression.
- We offer flexible and agile workingopportunities,alongside your NHS benefits ofgenerous annual leave entitlement, pension andaccess toNHS discount schemes.
- We provide a range of health and wellbeing services to promote a healthy, happy workforce.
Why work for us?
- We're committed to promoting inclusion and making sure all colleagues feel they belong. We encourage new colleagues from a diverse range of backgrounds to apply.
- As an employer, we aim to create a workplace where differences are valued and colleagues treat one another with dignity and respect.
- Greater diversity withinourBHT familyimprovespositive outcomes for the people and communities we serve.
- A keen supporter of the Armed Forces Community who know the value of employing a service leaver/veteran and their families
What do we stand for?
- Our vision is to provide outstanding care, support healthy communities and be a great place to work.
- Our mission is to provide personal and compassionate care every time.
- Our CARE values are collaborate, aspire, respect and enable.
For a comprehensive list of responsibilities and duties, please kindly refer to the Job Description and Person Specification by downloading the JD and PS attachment in the advert.
If you are an internal applicant there is the option for secondment, all applicants must have the endorsement/support of their line manager prior to application.
If you have a disability that makes submitting this online application difficult and would like assistance, please contact us on email@example.com quoting the vacancy reference number.Person SpecificationEducation & QualificationsEssential
- Registered Nurse Child (Level 1)
- MSPP or equivalent
- Level 3 Child Protection Training
- Evidence of continued professional development
- Significant experience in acute paediatric healthcare environment
- Previous experience as shift/team leader
- Experience teaching students, staff & parents
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Paediatric Emergency care experience
Buckinghamshire Healthcare NHS TrustAddress
Stoke Mandeville Hospital - Paediatrics
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.