The GMMH Psychological Therapies Training Centre (formerly CBT Training Centre) is renowned for providing extremely high-quality training to students in CBT and other evidence-based psychological therapies across the North West region and beyond. Over the last 15 years the Training Centre has been successful in securing national funding to deliver Postgraduate Training in CBT, in conjunction with the University of Manchester, as part of two major national projects: Improving Access to Psychological Therapies (IAPT) for Common Mental Health Problems of anxiety and depression, and as part of the IAPT project for Severe and Enduring Mental Health Problems, specifically CBT for psychosis and bipolar disorder (CBTp) and CBT for personality difficulties (CBTpd). These training programmes have been highly successful in training new CBT therapists and helping services work towards meeting the Department of Health targets for the psychological workforce, and for the delivery of evidence based psychological interventions.
The successful candidate will act as a consultant to the Head of PTTC, to lead on projects supporting quality improvement in relation to the teaching and learning strategy and operational processes within PTTC, including the embedding of quality improvement processes to ensure sustained and ongoing quality improvement.Main duties of the job
- Development of teaching and learning strategy, ensuring this conforms to the requirements of the University of Manchester and any other relevant academic bodies, the requirements of professional validating and accrediting bodies are met.
- Capturing and developing operational processes, identifying high quality practices, increase standards and consistency across the w programmes.
- Embedding quality improvement processes ensuring continual quality improvement and working towards the standards of the QAA quality code.
- Developing a comprehensive Staff Handbook, capturing academic and operational procedures
- Supporting PTTC in quality improvement projects for the integration of service users and carers into training
- Supporting PTTC in quality improvement projects in terms of Equality, Diversity and Inclusion, working towards better representation of the communities which mental health services serve
- Supporting academic staff in delivering required changes in existing portfolio of programmes
- Supporting bids for programme developments or new programmes in line with the NHS long term plan and NHS Psychological Workforce plan.
- Developing a process for planning and preparation for the University of Manchester Five Year Review of PTTC's Collaborative Partnership Agreement
- To develop and implement projects related to the audit of quality standards
- To provide reports to the Senior Management Team and to internal and external bodies as relevant
Greater Manchester Mental Health (GMMH) Foundation Trust employs over6,400
members of staff, who deliver services from more than160
We provide inpatient and community-based mental health care for people living in Bolton, the city of Manchester, Salford,Trafford and the borough of Wigan, and a wide range of specialist mental health and substance misuse services across Greater Manchester, the north west of England and beyond.
Greater Manchester is one of the world's most innovative, original and exciting places to live and work. From the beauty of the surrounding countryside to the heart of the vibrant inner city with great shopping, entertainment and dining options.
Wherever you go you will experience a great northern welcome with people famed for their warmth, humour and generosity.
Our people enjoy their work, have opportunities to learn and develop their skills and are encouraged to generate new ideas that improve care for our service users.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please refer to the attached job description and person specification for a detailed list of duties and responsibilities.Person SpecificationEducation and QualificationsEssential
- Doctoral Degree or equivalent qualification in Mental Health relevant subject area
- High level post qualification training in an Evidence Based Psychological Therapy
- Relevant Professional Accreditation
Knowledge, Skills and ExperienceEssential
- Recognised supervision qualification
- Recognised teaching qualification
- Recognised management/ leadership qualification
- Sufficient post qualification experience in mental health relevant settings to have developed the competencies required for the post
- Substantial experience of delivering training and supervision of an Evidence-Based Psychological Therapy to a range of other professionals
- Experience of delivering to University requirements including the writing of programme specifications, and the implementation of University academic quality procedures
- Knowledge and understanding of national policy and strategic context of the Improving Access to Psychological therapies projects across Adult and Children and Young Peoples' services
- Track record of successful development of funding bids for training activity
- Experience of strategic liaison with managers, workforce leads and commissioners, including participation in the development of national curricula
- Understanding of the NHS Long term plan and NHS Psychological Workforce plan.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Commitment to professional development
- travel extensively across the wide footprint of the Trust, the Northwest region and to regular DH meetings across the country.
Greater Manchester Mental Health NHSFTAddress
Psychological Therapies Training Centre, Harrop House
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.