We are currently looking to recruit an enthusiastic and highly motivated registered nurse/OT or social worker, who is looking to support patients with mental health care needs to live well in their community.
As part of the Herefordshires mental health community transformation, this new and innovative, primary care role, has been developed within the South & West Herefordshire Primary Care Network (PCN) in collaboration with the Herefordshire and Worcestershire Health and Care Trust.
Working hand in hand with the mental health community teams, this role seeks to meet the mental health needs of new and existing patients entering the primary care pathway via their GP surgeries.
Working in a flexible and autonomous environment, the post holder will be embedded within the South & West Herefordshire PCNs Health and Wellbeing Team and be responsible for the smooth and effective delivery of this new and exciting service.
The role will require an individual with excellent communication skills and the ability to work across multiple service areas in order to ensure that our patients receive the right care and support. If you would like to discuss informally if this is the right role for you, please get in touch with the Recruiting Manager which can be found on the top right-hand side of the advert. Main duties of the job
Embedded within the South & West Herefordshire PCN, the successful candidate will provide triage, signposting, assessment, and brief evidence-based treatment (1:1 and/or group interventions) for people presenting with mental health problems in primary care.
The post holder will formulate, contribute to, and participate in, the development and implementation of assessment and treatment in collaboration with the multi-disciplinary primary care health and wellbeing team. This will include a care plan linking patients into additional services as required.
The post holder will also be expected to work collaboratively with the key partner organisations, patients, carers, clinicians and other practitioners within the mental health multi-disciplinary teams, providing advice and consultation to PCN colleagues and support GPs and other PCN MDT members to assess and manage risk. They will also support members for the health and wellbeing team with caseload management.
The service operates from 9-5, Monday to Friday and involves a degree of travel, therefore it is essential applicants can meet the travel requirements of the post.About us
We are community hospitals, neighbourhood teams and community health services across Worcestershire and the provider of Mental Health and Learning Disability services across both Herefordshire and Worcestershire. We work in partnership with other organisations to keep our community well at home for as long as possible.
We provide services for people of all ages, across a range of settings, experiencing both physical and/or mental health conditions.
We have an open and supportive culture, recognised by the CQC and other external regulators. We want you to thrive, offering you every opportunity to develop. We will support you help you fulfil your ambitions with a varied and flexible training programme and empower you to make positive changes within your team or service. We endeavour to offer an attractive work-life balance, with flexibility in our approach to help you get the most out of your career.
We provide our staff with direct access to a wealth of resources to support their wellbeing, from our Staff Mental Health and Wellbeing Hub, to wellbeing festivals or access to free online exercise classes.
At the core of our values, we are committed to equality, diversity, inclusion and human rights. We take every opportunity to strengthen our approach to equality and diversity in delivering best patient care and the employment of our staff.
We would encourage you to visit the Trusts Recruitment Microsite, click the Employer Website link.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
For full details of the duties and criteria for the role please refer to the job description and person specification attached.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Relevant professional qualification relating to Health or Social Care e.g. in Social Work, Nursing or Occupational Therapy with current professional registration
- RMN, BSc/Dip SW, BSc OT
- Recent evidence of continuing professional development
- I understand that I will be asked to provide original certificates to verify my qualifications at point of offer
- Extensive post-qualifying experience of working with people with a range of mental health problems in a Mental Health setting
- Experienced in the assessment of people presenting with mental health problems including risk assessments and risk management
- Working within a multi-disciplinary team
- Managing own case load
- Experience of partnership working within and across various statutory and non-statutory teams and agencies
Skills & AbilitiesEssential
- Working in a primary care setting
- Experience of working with people with substance misuse issues
- Training/developing staff and / or patients
- Experience of delivering evidence based psychosocial interventions
- Ability to challenge poor behaviour
- Ability to analyse and present complex information to professional colleagues.
- To communicate very sensitive condition related information to patients and relatives with empathy and reassurance.
- Skilled in assessing and interpreting patient conditions with appropriate action.
- A positive attitude and able to act on feedback
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in English in both verbal and written formats
- Ability to inspire confidence in service users, carers and staff.
- Influencing and negotiating skills
- Delivery of evidence based interventions in mental health
- Ability to use own initiative
- Ability to prioritise workload
- Good team player
- Skilled in the provision of clinical supervision to both peers and junior members of staff
- Knowledge of principles of assessment of people with mental health problems
- Knowledge of principles of risk assessment and management
- Knowledge of Mental Health Act 1983 and Mental Capacity Act 2006 and other relevant legislation
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Will be required to complete breakaway / de-escalation training
- Positively promotes equality and diversity in the workplace
- Able to meet the travel requirements of the post
Herefordshire and Worcestershire Health and Care NHS TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.