We are currently looking for a full-time Consultant Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist to work within the Enhanced Treatment Team within Kensington & Chelsea CAMHS (CNWL).
This is an exciting opportunity for an energetic, innovative and dedicated child and adolescent Psychiatrist with creative ideas for service development, keen to work with dynamic and passionate consultant colleagues and MDT clinicians and to collaborate with paediatricians, schools, children's services and allied health professionals.
You will be working alongside friendly and supportive consultant colleagues in a team with one core trainee and one GP trainee. There are opportunities for teaching and training, for example as part of the higher training scheme and strong links with Imperial College London to develop research interests.
Applicants wishing to job share are welcomed to apply.
We will take care of you relocation expenses for up to �8,000 (subject to eligibility)and link you with our accommodation providers in the area.
You receive a generous annual leave entitlement, the NHS pension scheme and a range of lifestyle benefits as well, such as childcare schemes, staff discounts, a cycle to work scheme and discount on the purchase and leasing of new cars. Further Information & Arrangements to visit
Dr Alexandra Garcia Rosales (Lead Psychiatrist K & C CAMHS)
Tel: 0203 317 3599
Dr Azer Mohammed (CAMHS Clinical Director)
Tel: 020 3317 5999Main duties of the job
This is a 10 PAs substantive post for the Enhanced Treatment Team in core CAMHS.
The Enhanced Treatment Team (ETT) offers assessment to children and young people presenting with complex presentations (including trauma and attachment issues) involving multi-agency working. ETT MDT clinicians carry out assessments which are discussed in the weekly post assessment meeting where psychiatric diagnosis/(es) and a management plan (in line with the current evidence base) is agreed. A weekly MDT meeting also allows for discussion and review of open cases.
Staff in the Enhanced Treatment Team currently includes a consultant child psychiatrist (1.0),- this post , psychologist (0.6), child psychotherapist (1.2), family therapist (1.8), nursing (0.4), CBT therapist (0.5) as well as administrative support. Each case has a case manager allocated from within the MDT.About us
Central and North West London (CNWL) specialises in caring for people with a wide range of mental and physical health needs and is one of the largest mental health trusts in England. Each CAMHS service has its own local management structure: Kensington & Chelsea CAMHS has a Lead Psychiatrist, Therapies lead and team manager who work closely with the inner boroughs service manager. Each sub-team has a psychiatry and therapy lead and they, together with the team and service manager form the local senior management team which meets monthly. The postholder will be part of the SMT. The Kensington & Chelsea CAMHS team is well established and staffed by a large multi-disciplinary team of clinicians. We aim to provide an accessible, flexible and responsive local service for patients and professionals working with children in the area using a range of therapeutic interventions including behaviour, systemic, CBT, IPT-A, DBT, psycho-dynamic and group therapies as well as psychopharmacological approaches. Kensington & Chelsea CAMHS is a Tier 3 service, accepting referrals from GPs, paediatrics, schools and Children's Services. The service has active service user groups for young people and parents. The team has a monthly CPD session and local care quality meeting, a monthly local consultants meeting and a monthly senior management meeting which the postholder will be part ofJob descriptionJob responsibilitiesETT
- To provide psychiatric leadership to the ETT
- To provide clinical input to the ETT including conducting initial assessments, psychiatric assessments, risk assessments and treatment including initiation and monitoring of pharmacological treatments.
- Supporting the ETT MDT with regard to comprehensive assessment, diagnosis and management planning, guided by the CAMHS care pathways and clinical model.
- Providing psychiatric consultation to the ETT MDT and the wider CAMHS team when indicated
Other clinical and management duties
- The post holder will be expected to support the MDT in working to their job plans with regard to expectations of 16 clinical contacts per week (which includes one new assessment and 15 other clinical contacts) for staff with no supervisory or management responsibilities.
- Liaison with NHS England, Commissioners and Tier 4 services when referral to Tier 4 is indicated.
- Liaison with Tier 4 services and contribution to CRAFT and CPA meetings.
- Contribution to the daytime duty consultant rota at Kensington & Chelsea CAMHS
- Providing consultant support to the Urgent Care Team (when the UCT consultant is on leave/unavailable)
- To maintain accurate and up to date clinical records.
- To contribute to the collection and monitoring of Clinical Outcome data across the service to assist delivery of KPIs.
- The postholder will be part of the K & C CAMHS senior management team (SMT) and will attend the monthly SMT meetings
- Clinical supervision of junior medical staff if needed and other members of the MDT
- Participation in the development of clinical protocols as required.
- To offer teaching to colleagues at the acute hospital, CAMHS colleagues, trainees and medical students
Person SpecificationEducation and QualificationsEssential
- Maintaining up to date Continuing Professional Development (CPD).
- Contribution to the CAMHS OOH consultant rota.
- Full GMC Registration
- Section 12 MHA Approved
- Approved Clinician status or willing to apply for approval.
- GMC Licence to Practice
- Primary medical degree
Experience, Skills and AbilitiesEssential
- MRCPsych (or equivalent)
- An additional post graduate qualification of relevance to working with children and Adolescents
- Inclusion on the Specialist Register for Child and Adolescent Psychiatry (or CCT expected within 6 months of interview date)
- Competence in psycho- pharmacology and also non- medication therapeutic approaches.
- Experience and training in the assessment and management of neurodevelopmental disorders including cases with psychiatric comorbidity, complex presentations and associated high risk
- Knowledge of Clinical Governance/Care Quality
- Able to participate in Medical Audit and Quality Improvement
- Experience of teaching and supervision of junior staff and other disciplines
Personal Skills & QualitiesEssential
- Management Training
- Experience of Research
- Experience in Paediatrics
- Publication in peer-reviewed journal
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Excellent communication and empathic skills with a range of different people
- Demonstrable leadership skills
- Experience of team working
- Sound organisational skills
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Cultural Sensitivity and ability to work in multi ethnic environment
- Ability to cope with considerable pressure and adapt to new demands
Central and North West London NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Kensington & Chelsea CAMHS
1b Beatrice Place
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.