The team has been accredited with the Home Treatment Accreditation Scheme (HTAS) since June 2017.
This service operates at the critical and well-established interface of acute psychiatry, with close links to the large all-age liaison psychiatry services at Sunderland Royal and South Tyneside General Hospitals, as well as enjoying close links to the working age and older adults' community mental health teams and inpatient services.
The base for the UCT is the Barton Centre at Hopewood Park Hospital. You will join an experienced and well-established crisis service which provides crisis assessment and home treatment for patients experiencing acute mental health problems, including older adults with both functional and organic mental illnesses who can be managed in the community with intensive mental health support, without the need for hospital admission.
You will join a skilled UCT multi-disciplinary (MDT) workforce, including 2 Consultant colleagues, a Speciality doctor, non-medical prescribers, a pharmacist and specialist nurses.
Working 10PAs a week over 4 or 5 days alongside the multidisciplinary team, including SAS doctors, junior doctors, and wider clinical team, you will be the clinical expert from a medical perspective to ensure best practice care is delivered and support the team.
At CNTW we strive to provide the BEST CARE, delivered by the BEST PEOPLE, to achieve the BEST OUTCOME.Main duties of the job
As a medical leader in the service you will typically provide home-visit reviews of new patients taken on for home treatment and, as part of the MDT, be responsible for reviewing their progress through the course of home treatment.
This will involve meeting with carers to support their roles. You will also provide support and consultative advice to the clinicians in the service, supervision and support to trainees/ visiting medical students on an ad-hoc basis.
Your role will involve liaison with GPs, carers and other multi-agency staff.
You will have your own office space and will be supported by a medical assistant and/or medical secretary. We are looking for applicants based anywhere in the UK to explore exciting new opportunities in remote and digital working.
As a Consultant, you will know what it means achieve this by leading a team. Striving for a better service leads to a better you.
This is a substantive and full-time post however we would be happy to consider applicants available on a part time or fixed term basis.
When you work for CNTW, you will work for a Trust that has been rated 'Outstanding' by the CQC and is ranked 1st nationally in GMC trainer survey for the support provides to trainers. You will make a difference in changing people's lives. You will join a medical workforce that is passionate about providing care and receive superb training and development opportunities and excellent staff benefits.About usWhy us?
- Up to �8k relocation package
- 30 days study leave (every 3 years) with a generous study leave allowance
- Flexible working opportunities created with you involved in your job plan
- Remote working available as suits service needs
- Dedicated and protected SPA time
- Focus on creating a healthy workforce by investing heavily in health and wellbeing accessible support including emotional, physical, social, psychological financial and career well being
- Teaching and research opportunities available
- Stimulating CPD sessions and programs including mentoring, medical leadership, and coaching
- Teaching opportunities in our brand-new state of the art Medical Education Centre
- Employee Excellence awards
- Plus, lots more employee benefits including discounts. Find out more at thriveatcntw.co.uk
As an added bonus, the Trust is located in the Northeast of England and Cumbria which is an area of outstanding natural beauty, containing national parks, ancient heritage sites and major cities supported by excellent national and international transport links. The area is predominantly rural and contains the Lake District National Park which is considered one of England's finest areas of natural beauty.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Applicants should be on the Specialist Register or be within 6 months of obtaining CCT at the point of interview. Candidates should be suitably qualified, including eligibility for Section 12 approval and Approved Clinician status. Please refer to the attached job description and person specification for further details.
For a discussion about the role (in confidence) or visits please contact
Name: Dr Uma Geethanath
Tel: 01915665500 / 07831764982Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- MBBS or equivalent medical qualification
- Qualification or higher degree in medical education, clinical research or management
- CTT in Adult Psychiatry or dual training incorporating Adult + Old Age Psychiatry
- Fully registered with the GMC with a licence to practise at the time of appointment
- Included on the GMC Specialist Register OR within six months. Responsible clinician status OR able to achieve within 3 months of appointment (see section 10 above)
- Approved under S12
- In good standing with GMC with respect to warning and conditions on practice
- Excellent knowledge in specialty
- Excellent clinical skills using bio-psycho-social perspective and wide medical knowledge
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
- Able to manage clinical complexity and uncertainty
- Makes decisions based on evidence and experience including the contribution of others
- Able to meet duties under MHA and MCA
Academic Skills and Lifelong LearningEssential
- Wide range of specialist and sub-specialist experience relevant to post within NHS or comparable service
- Able to deliver undergraduate or postgraduate teaching and training
- Ability to work in and lead team
- Demonstrate commitment to shared leadership and collaborative working to deliver improvement
- Able to use and appraise clinical evidence
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Able to plan and deliver undergraduate and postgraduate teaching and training relevant to this post
- Reflected on purpose of CPD undertaken
- Evidence of achievement in education, research, audit and service improvement: awards, prizes, presentations and publications
CNTW NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.