William Harvey Hospital - Paediatric ED Matron Speciality: Emergency Medicine Our Emergency Departments are recruiting now!
Our vibrant Emergency Departments at the William Harvey Hospital, Ashford, and Queen Elizabeth The Queen Mother Hospital, Margate, offer an exciting and supportive environment for ambitious professionals who are passionate about emergency care and want to work at the top of their game!
As a result a new and exciting opportunity has arisen for a suitably qualified Lead Paediatric ED Nurse
to join our team! Working across our acute sites you will have the opportunity to be a part of a successful team of professionals that are passionate about 'making a difference'
every day.Main duties of the job
We firmly believe that developing our staff is key to success we have a dynamic and progressive training and development ethos, providing excellent opportunities to enhance your knowledge and competencies,nurturing your personal and professional development by encouraging and supporting you to reach your full potential!
We are proud that our dedicated and passionate employees from across East Kent Hospitals are featured in the biggest NHS recruitment drive in its 70 year history!
We are a leading Trust for use of technology. We are introducing electronic bed management and benefit from real-time reporting of up-to-date information for every patient, plus point of care testing. The Trust has 24/7 access to CT and stroke thrombolysis, and benefits from interventional radiology services in our sister hospital at Canterbury. William Harvey Hospital is the primary PCI hospital for Kent, and has trauma unit status. We are part of the top-performing South East London, Kent and Medway Trauma Network, with the local major trauma centre being King's College Hospital. We are just about to start a rebuild project to enhance our Emergency
Our mission is to provide 'Great healthcare from great people'
, and our Trust Values form the foundation of the trusts organisational culture and how we deliver our services.About us
We are seeking applicants who embrace our Trust values and care so that:
- People feel cared for as individuals
- People feel safe , reassured and involved
- People feel teamwork, trust and respect sit at the heart of everything we do
- People feel confident we are making a difference .
At EKHUFT, we are not just 'making a difference'
locally we also run The Healthcare Ethiopia Partnership (HEP) project to support healthcare workers to reduce maternal deaths and deaths in children under five years old in the region of Tigray in northern Ethiopia. The project has been running for eleven years, and HEP members visit twice each year to deliver training programmes to people across rural areas.
We really are committed to ensuring our Trust is a Great Place to work! Applications for this role should be written by the applicant. If artificial intelligence (AI) programmes are used then the application may be rejected due to this document being an important part of the assessment process. This does not prevent applicants seeking appropriate support with applications should they need to for the purposes of any declared disability. Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please scroll down to access the full Job Description and Person Specification located in 'supporting documentsPerson SpecificationExperienceEssential
- Significant experience in a senior role
- Experience of working in partnership with multi- disciplinary team.
- Demonstrable experience of managing change within a clinical environment.
- Knowledge of current developments in emergency nursing
- Ability to both influence and work across professional boundaries.
- Experience of developing nursing staff.
- Experience of managing a clinical team including human resources management.
Skills & KnowledgeEssential
- experience in Emergency Care of children and young people
- Demonstrable commitment to and expertise in emergency and paediatric nursing
- Well-developed verbal and written communication skills including presentations
- Influencing skills.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills with meticulous attention to detail.
- Evidence of managerial skills.
- Experience of developing policies and procedures Able to command respect of multi-disciplinary team
- Level 3 Safeguarding
- RN Child or Adult
- Evidence of post registration education at degree level
- IT training at intermediate level eg EDLC or equivalent experience
- Leadership or management qualification
- Commitment to achieve Masters level in a relevant subject
- ATNC/ALS qualification
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Flexible to meet service needs
- Work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Able to work collaboratively across organisational and professional boundaries, recognising changes in circumstances and to incorporate them into practice.
- Demonstrates awareness of priorities, deals with workload, adapts to changing requirements, and uses initiative
East Kent Hospitals University NHS Foundation TrustAddress
William Harvey Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.