We are seeking a part -time (5 PA) Consultant Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist to work within the Hillingdon CAMHS Learning Disabilities Team based at Minet Clinic, Hayes.
This is an exciting opportunity for an energetic, innovative and dedicated Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist with creative ideas for service development, keen to work with dynamic and passionate consultant colleagues and MDT clinicians and to collaborate with Paediatricians, schools, Childrens Services and Allied Health Professionals.
The candidate should be suitably qualified, including eligibility for Section 12 approval and Approved Clinician status.
You will be on the GMC Specialist Register or within 6 months of obtaining CCT at the time of interview.
This post attracts generous relocation expenses, study budget and a range of lifestyle benefits, such as staff discounts, cycle to work scheme and discount on the purchase and leasing of new cars. Further Information & Arrangements to visit
Dr Azer Mohammed, Clinical Director CAMHS
E: firstname.lastname@example.org,Tel: 020 3317 5999Main duties of the job
This post has been expanded to reflect the development of Learning Disability (LD) services in Hillingdon. The focus of this post will be to provide psychiatric consultation, assessment and treatment in the Hillingdon LD team. The post holder will be expected to contribute clinical leadership in the development and management of the Learning Disability and neuro developmental disorder pathway within the Service Line. There are senior Psychologists and behaviour analysts within the team, contributing to the expertise available for the local population.
Close working relationships exist with the Educational and Children with Disability Teams and with the Child Development/Paediatric Services. In Hillingdon, the team work closely with the Child Development Centre (CDC) and the local pathway agreement is that CDC carry out ASD assessments and prescribe for young people with LD who also have ADHD. The post holder will contribute to the CAMHS OOH consultant rota for CNWL.
You will be working within a highly experienced and dedicated MDT with excellent outcome. There are opportunities for teaching and training, for example as part of the higher training scheme and strong links with Imperial College London to develop research interests. The CAMHS Service Line has an award-winning Quality Improvement platform with several successful projects within Hillingdon CAMHS and the LD team.About us
CNWL is a nationally leading NHS Foundation Trust providing Mental Health, Community Health and Child Health Services across London and the South East of England.
Over the last few years our catchment area has grown significantly, making the Trust's population more diverse than ever. The area spans the communities of London, Milton Keynes and wider geographical areas of Buckinghamshire, Surrey, Kent and Hampshire. There are areas of great affluence as well as deprivation, and there are over 100 first-languages spoken in these communities.
We were authorised as a Foundation Trust on 1 May 2007.
The Trust is organised in to three Divisions: Jameson, Goodall and Diggory. Goodall Division is responsible for the delivery of Mental Health and community Learning Disability services in Hillingdon, as well as all CNWL's specialist rehabilitation provision and CAMHS provision in NW London. We also deliver community physical health services in a number of boroughs in NW London, including Hillingdon Harrow, Ealing andneighbouring System of North Central London.
Our staff play a fundamental role in our delivery of excellent outcomes and excellent patient experience, so it is our aim to create a happy and healthy working environment where you can thrive and succeed.
www.cnwl.nhs.ukJob descriptionJob responsibilities
Person SpecificationEducation and Qualifications TrainingEssential
- To provide Clinical Leadership within the team
- Responsible for ensuring there are systems to support the other members of the MDT team in identifying the symptoms and levels of risk that requires the involvement of psychiatry
- Contribute psychiatric assessment and treatment where there are identified symptoms suggestive of ASD, ADHD, Anxiety, Depressive Illness and other Psychiatric Disorders
- Support the Case Manager in assessing and managing risk
- Join multidisciplinary assessments of autism spectrum disorder
- Liaise with peadiatric colleagues when further physical assessment is required or to devise joint treatment plans for children who have epilepsy or other long-term complex conditions
- Liaising with NHS England, Commissioners and Tier 4 service when referral to Tier 4 is required
- Participation in the development of new models of service to improve delivery and outcome, considering the views of commissioners and evidence of best practice
- To contribute to the collection and monitoring of Clinical Outcome data across the service to assist delivery of KPIs
- To maintain accurate and up to date clinical records
- To complete and contribute to the completion of Serious Untoward Incident Reports as required
- Participation in development of clinical protocols as required
- Participation in training and supervision of other members of the multidisciplinary Team as required
- Maintaining up to date Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
- To work in accordance with service policies and guidelines.
- Primary Medical Degree
- Full GMC Registration with a Licence to Practice
- Inclusion on the Specialist Register or CCT expected within 6 months of interview date
- Section 12 MHA Approved
- Approved Clinician status
- An additional post graduate qualification of relevance to working with children and adolescents
- MRCPsych (or equivalent)
- Past experience/special interest in Learning disability
Experience, Skills and AbilitiesEssential
- Computer Literate
- Full UK Driving License
- Competence in Psycho- pharmacology and also non- medication therapeutic approaches
- Experience and training in the assessment and management of neurodevelopment disorders
- Knowledge of Clinical Governance/Care Quality
- Able to participate in Medical Audit and Quality Assurance
- Experience of teaching and supervision of junior staff and other disciplines
Personal Skills & QualitiesEssential
- Management Training
- Experience of Research
- Experience in Paediatrics
- Publication in peer-reviewed journal
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Excellent communication and empathic skills
- Demonstrable leadership skills
- Experience of team working
- Sound organisational skills
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Cultural Sensitivity and ability to work in multi ethnic environment
Central and North West London NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.