We have a new opportunity for a Senior Communications Officer - Community (aka Senior Stakeholder and Community Engagement Officer) to join our creative, proactive and supportive team.
As an experienced and collaborative communicator you'll thrive off building relationships and maximising opportunities for community engagement. We're looking for someone who can bring fresh and creative ideas for working with our community and developing and owning the tactical stakeholder and community engagement communications plan. What do we offer?
We enjoy a forward-thinking and collaborative working environment. We're always open to trying new things, with ambitions to lead the way in what NHS communications looks like.
We offer opportunities to learn from others in the team as well as external learning and development. PLEASE NOTE: The role is based at the hospital but with opportunities to work from home on occasion, subject to the needs of the team.Main duties of the job
We're at a really exciting time for the RUH. Later this year we'll be opening our brand new Dyson Cancer Centre and we're in the early days of introducing our new Trust strategy - The RUH, where you matter. You'll play a key role in helping our community feel involved with everything that's happening at the RUH.
You will be organised, able to turn complex information into clear messages, and enjoy juggling a lively variety of topics and channels throughout the day. You'll be skilled at building relationships, working with everyone from the Chief Executive to our busy colleagues in wards and support services and partner organisations in the wider community.
For further information, or an informal chat about the role, please contact Head of Communications Lucy Kearney on Lucy.Kearney1@nhs.netAbout us
At the RUH we're proud to put people at the heart of what we do, working together as one team to make a difference for our patients, each other, and our community. No matter what your role is, we value everyone's contribution in supporting the exceptional, person-centred care we pride ourselves on.
We are committed to creating a compassionate and inclusive environment. This can be seen in our growing community of staff networks - celebrating successes and creating opportunities to listen and learn. We value our differences, champion kindness and civility, and truly believe that diversity makes us stronger.
A culture of learning, developing and innovating is the thread that runs throughout our whole organisation. We want to support you to thrive, taking your career to its full potential.
We value staff wellbeing, with a well-established programme of support. We believe in a holistic approach spanning all aspects of living a healthy life, including physical, emotional, spiritual and financial wellbeing. We've even got a pool!
We are committed to supporting you and hope you want to join our team. In the meantime, find out more about living and working the beautiful historic city of Bath, learn about our extensive package of staff benefits, and read about how we're providing healthcare fit for the future with the landmark Dyson Cancer Centre and our passion for research.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please find attached to the vacancy a detailed person specification and job description for further information about this role.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Educated to Degree level in a related area (communications marketing PR journalism) or equivalent training/experience
- Evidence of ongoing commitment to CPD
Knowledge and experienceEssential
- Membership of the Chartered Institute of Public Relations/Marketing
- Previous experience of working in communications in a large and complex organisation
- Experience of working with a range of stakeholders
- Knowledge and experience of best practice engagement techniques
- Experience of public consultations
- Experience of event planning
- Highly developed spoken and written English
- Experience of setting up and maintaining office systems and processes
- Significant experience of producing a wide range of written information tailored to different audiences and communications channels
- Experience of working with the media
- Knowledge of social media
- Excellent IT skills and experience of designing publications, presentations and documents
- Experience of working in the NHS
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Able to work to tight deadlines whilst delivering excellent results
- Able to communicate effectively with a wide range of people and forge positive working relationships with people at all levels from different organisations
- Able to quickly understand issues and communicate them effectively
- Excellent negotiation and influencing skills and ability to persuade/advice others on appropriate communications approach/responses
- Able to manage own workload and act independently
- Ability to interpret and analyse often highly complex data and sensitive and/or contentious information and communicate them succinctly to all levels within and outside the Trust, including where there are barriers to understanding
Royal United Hospitals Bath NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Royal United Hospitals Bath NHS Foundation Trust
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.