The Out of Hours Team provides responsive, planned and unplanned support to patients requiring urgent nursing within their own homes/residential care settings.
To deliver high quality care to the housebound patients and work as part of multi-disciplinary team and in partnership with primary care and secondary care.Main duties of the job
- An ability to provide and receive complex, sensitive and contentious information: using empathy and reassurance skills
- Can provide motivational and negotiation skills in areas where consent/ co-operation is required or there may be barriers to understanding. To include undertaking best interest decisions
- To ensure timely and effective communication with the team manager and other team members on professional matters
- To liaise with patients/relatives who could be unpredictable/or challenging in their responses because of stress related problems
The Out of Hours Nursing Team are a supportive team who enjoy mentoring team members and are passionate about delivering quality care to the housebound patients that they see. The Team are motivated and caring to both patients and colleagues.
Why work with us - 1 (pagetiger.com) Job descriptionJob responsibilities
You must have an ability to communicate and liaise effectively within a range of settings such as GP's, Primary Health and Social Care team, community staff managers and hospital staff.
This will also included Out Of Hours services such as Devon Doctors, SWAST (ambulance service), Safeguarding Team and nursing and residential homes.
Full Vacancy details can be found on the attached Job Description/Person Specification.
Please refer to your suitability to the post in your supporting information from the role requirements or person specification. #caretojoinusPerson SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- oQualified Registered Nurse Level 1 Evidence of continuing professional development
- oCommunity Nurse Prescriber V150 Diabetes course Palliative Care Course Mentorship Course Tissue Viability/ Leg Ulcer course Experience of continuing health care assessments. Experience of COPD or Heart Failure
- Examples and Experience - relevant team worker experience
- Utilising specialist knowledge across a wide range of work procedures and practices underpinned by theoretical knowledge
- Previous experience of working in an integrated health and social care environment
- Understands Clinical Governance
- Proven relevant experience in a range of clinical skills including complex and specialist skills
- Proven relevant experience in communicating complex information to patients, carers and health and social care staff
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Palliative Care Skills
- Understands clinical supervision and able to demonstrate relevance to practice
Torbay and South Devon NHS Foundation TrustAddress
St Edmunds Community Care Support Centre
Victoria Park Road
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.