Are you a qualified RMN/OT or Social Worker looking for a new opportunity to work in an organisation that will help you develop and achieve your goals to become the best you can be? If so, you are in luck.
The Intensive Life Skills Pathway is a multi-disciplinary mental health team providing assessment and intervention for adults experiencing complex emotional difficulties across East and West Staffordshire as part of the Adult Mental Health Service.Main duties of the job
- You will be responsible for the holistic assessment and formulation of needs of a defined client group.
- Responsible for care coordination of an identified caseload.
- Deliver prescribed interventions on an individual and group basis with service users who have difficulty regulating their emotions and utilise self-harm to manage high levels of distress. The interventions will be focussed on assisting the person to identify and achieve their agreed goals, utilising a Structured Clinical Management model focusing on problem solving, managing emotions, getting along with others and managing impulsivity.
- You will also be expected to be available for consultation, support and clinical supervision to other health professionals working within the Community Mental Health Pathway Service and other areas of the Trust where identified as appropriate.
- Delivering interventions to this caseload and working within a multi-disciplinary pathway will require advanced communication and interpersonal skills.
- You will be required to provide and receive highly complex, highly sensitive, and contentious information regarding assessment, diagnosis and treatment of clients with complex mental health presentations.
By joining Team MPFT, you will be helping your communities and in return for this, we will support you by:
- Supporting your career development and progression.
- Excellent NHS Pension scheme
- Generous maternity, paternity, adoption leave
- Options for flexible working
- Up to 27 days annual leave (increasing with service up to 33 days) and the opportunity to purchase additional annual leave.
- Extensive Health and Wellbeing support and resources
- If you work in our community teams, we pay for your time travelling between patients.
- Lease car if you complete more than 500 business miles per annum, fully insured and maintained (including tyres), mileage paid at lease car rate
- Salary sacrifice car - fully insured and maintained (including tyres), your gross pay is reduced by the cost of the vehicle before tax, NI and pension deductions are calculated, mileage paid at business rates
- Salary sacrifice bikes up to �2k
- Free car parking at all trust sites
- Free flu vaccination every year
- Attractive relocation package
- Citizens Advice support linked with a Hardship Fund for one off additional support up to �250 (if the criteria is met)
And more. We are proud to be a diverse and inclusive organisation and there is a choice of staff networks that help you meet like-minded people.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please check out the below videos showcasing why MPFT is a great place to work and to grow your career:
Why Work for Mental Health Services at MPFT - YouTube
Development and Progression Within Mental Health Services at MPFT - YouTube
What is it like to be a Mental Health Nurse in a community setting at MPFT? - YouTube
The team works in a highly psychologically minded way and are passionate about working with service-users who present with high levels of emotional distress and who often have histories of complex trauma and/or adverse experiences. Applicants should have an interest in working with this client group, and an awareness of relevant evidence based interventions.
The pathway utilises Structured Clinical Management (SCM) as a core therapeutic model, combining individual and workshop based interventions. A range of additional therapeutic models are utilised including attachment theory, behavioural theory, Compassion-Focussed Therapy, EMDR, Trauma-Focussed Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, Mentalisation-Based Treatment, and DBT informed interventions.
Working Monday to Friday 9am 5pm (Flexibility where necessary). Must have access to efficient transport between patient homes which may cover the area of East Staffordshire (Burton, Uttoxeter, Lichfield, Tamworth)
Please see the attached Job Description and Person Specification for more information about the role.Person SpecificationQualifications and TrainingEssential
- A recorded/registered qualification in one of the following in CMHN, Social Work, Occupational Therapy, Psychological Therapy
- Post qualification experience, such as evidence of formal courses and training relevant to people with complex mental health needs related to emotional instability
- Qualification in psychological interventions such as DBT, SCM, CBT, EMDR, MBT, relevant to a client group with complex mental health needs
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Experience of working with a client group who present with difficulties relating to emotional dysregulation, high risk challenging and chaotic behaviour, highly complex needs relating to trauma
- Experience of working with people who have difficulty in engaging with services
- Experience of working with people engaging in high risk behaviours and self harm
Midlands Partnership NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Burton upon Trent,
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.